Graphite Design Tour AD VF Shafts

I gave this a try. I am intrigued. It was not a good fit flex wise but I still think it has potential.

IMG_4102.jpeg

I don’t know. To me, pushing 240 carry is about what I expect on good strikes.
Now I’m curious about your launch and apex. In my past fittings I’ve seen 237 carry from a 97mph swing and lower smash. I don’t remember launch but pretty sure my apex was around 90’

Now I’m curious about your launch and apex. In my past fittings I’ve seen 237 carry from a 97mph swing and lower smash. I don’t remember launch but pretty sure my apex was around 90’
Next time I hit on TrackMan I will get more numbers.

Next time I hit on TrackMan I will get more numbers.
You don’t have to for my sake and maybe someone more in tune with optimal numbers can confirm, but I wonder if you could get 5-10 more yards more carry with your SS. Angle of attack makes a big difference though.

You don’t have to for my sake and maybe someone more in tune with optimal numbers can confirm, but I wonder if you could get 5-10 more yards more carry with your SS. Angle of attack makes a big difference though.
I have traditionally had a 4 or 5 positive angle of attack with driver.

I have traditionally had a 4 or 5 positive angle of attack with driver.
Not sure if these charts are still considered good reference but…

1705214767511.png

I tried it in both 5s and 5x in my Ping G430 LST. It’s a good shaft but not magic for me. I much preferred the Ventus TR Blue or the EvennFlow White T1100 that I currently play.

To me the VF still was more graphite design than Ventus or Mitsubishi White. Something about the VF did not fit my swing. I have not gotten along with really any GD shaft and typically played Mitsubishi White or Aldila NV Green type shafts in the past so on paper the VF should have been a good fit but it did not work for me.

I have a positive AOA of 3-5* and SS of 105-107. Not a lot of lag in my swing so more like Stricker and less like Sergio so I can play Stiff or X.

IMG_4718.jpegIMG_4577.jpeg

I tried it in both 5s and 5x in my Ping G430 LST. It’s a good shaft but not magic for me. I much preferred the Ventus TR Blue or the EvennFlow White T1100 that I currently play.

To me the VF still was more graphite design than Ventus or Mitsubishi White. Something about the VF did not fit my swing. I have not gotten along with really any GD shaft and typically played Mitsubishi White or Aldila NV Green type shafts in the past so on paper the VF should have been a good fit but it did not work for me.

I have a positive AOA of 3-5* and SS of 105-107. Not a lot of lag in my swing so more like Stricker and less like Sergio so I can play Stiff or X.

View attachment 9236513View attachment 9236515
It is interesting how different we all are. I am just the opposite. I didn’t love Ventus, but Graphite Design shafts work for me over and over.

That’s why be careful what works for another player may not be the best for you.

Probably the biggest reason I am a “buy and try” type. It’s hard to know what actually works without hitting something multiple times.

Fittings are excellent but it’s easy to compensate and make corrections when you are just beating balls in a fitting for 30-60 minutes.

What works in a fitting and then at the range gets a chance on the course where the shaft, club, etc has one swing to perform is the ultimate decision maker for me.

I gave this a try. I am intrigued. It was not a good fit flex wise but I still think it has potential.

View attachment 9236304
What about the 6S wasn’t right? Weight or flex? This shaft and the Ventura’s TR Red are at the top of my list to try this winter/spring, and that’s typically my preferred weight range and flex.

What about the 6S wasn’t right? Weight or flex? This shaft and the Ventura’s TR Red are at the top of my list to try this winter/spring, and that’s typically my preferred weight range and flex.
Just too soft of a flex.

You have to remember that @Templet0n has something like 180 ball speed with driver.

Have you ever hit this shaft, Nathan?
I have not. I'm curious about it of course, but haven't had the chance. Between the work on my back, the holiday hustle, the torn calf muscle, and a lot of other product testing I put above this I haven't taken many unnecessary driver swings. Trying to be smart with it all to start the year.

Would love to try this in a TX. Does such a thing exist?
Yeah it shows as an option. And based on some other feedback I feel like that's where you might be.

Took the leap and ordered an AD-VF 5s, tipped 1/2” and playing at 45.5” for my TSR2. Was really stuck between this or the Ventus TR Red, but seems like this shaft (even in stiff) is holding up for people well. I’m about 104-106 swing speed with driver on my normal game swing, and look forward to getting some rounds in as soon as next week with it!

I’m picking up the 6x for the Darkspeed x head on Tuesday. Should be a good looking head!

I have this shaft on order with a Qi10 head. Really liked the combo. I went with the 6s which gave me very good numbers. I tried a lot of other shafts but this shaft really does help to tighten up dispersion.

I have this shaft on order with a Qi10 head. Really liked the combo. I went with the 6s which gave me very good numbers. I tried a lot of other shafts but this shaft really does help to tighten up dispersion.
Welcome to the forum! It is a fantastic shaft.

I have the 6x tr red n the 5x gd vf and the two shafts are completely completely different feeling -almost opposite feel but i think itd come down to personal preference

This might sound weird but the red feels more sturdy and thicker like im swinging a aluminum Baseball bat, while the vf feels thin like im swinging a heavy fencing sword lol hit both ok

Played a couple sim rounds with the vf 6s in my driver. Really like the feel and it works well with my swing. I don’t think I would Icall it a low launch shaft though

Last edited:
I have now tried this shaft in two different drivers and in both cases, it made the driver a better fit for me. The efficiency went up and the spin hits a very nice window. This has become my favorite shaft.

Back