Review Graphite Design TourAD IZ Hybrid Shaft - THP Review Thread

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review, one I’m pretty pumped about because I didn’t get the chance to hit it out at THP HQ last time, the Graphite Design TourAD IZ hybrid shaft. The DI hybrid shaft still gets most of the buzz, but the IZ is popular on Tour as well, so it’ll be a lot of fun to work this one out.

It’ll be played in a couple of heads, but initially the PING G425 Crossover. The IZ hybrid shaft I’m working with is an 85-S for those curious.

According to GD, the IZ hybrid in 85 has a firm handle and mid section with a stiff tip that promotes a mid/high launch and low/mid spin

Some quick in hand pics:

F2C3ED0A-67A4-4FB7-804A-283D14384432.jpeg367B6F61-616E-4D5C-93F7-19F9FFB34261.jpegD03A30B2-2FE3-4FCE-AD92-52AFFEB18ACA.jpeg06978411-8085-48EC-A504-C428527105CF.jpeg

big fan of Graphite Design shafts!

• Staff
I fell in love with the DI hybrid shaft at THP HQ and wanted to try and steal it, so this one has my interest as it’s played a lot out there, but still doesn’t get the buzz the DI keeps getting it seems. Hoping the rain lets me get a lot of swings in this coming week!

I fell in love with the DI hybrid shaft at THP HQ and wanted to try and steal it, so this one has my interest as it’s played a lot out there, but still doesn’t get the buzz the DI keeps getting it seems. Hoping the rain lets me get a lot of swings in this coming week!
interested in your thoughts, I have a Apex UT that needs a new shaft and have been eyeing a few GD's.

• Staff
Once I work with this one in the PING, that’s the club it’ll go into next for testing!

Interested to see how this performs. There is a good chance a hybrid shaft will be going into my utility or 4i at some point

• Staff
Interested to see how this performs. There is a good chance a hybrid shaft will be going into my utility or 4i at some point
I’m a fan of it (hybrid shaft in a utility) it’s always been a really good direction for me in the past

i had great success with a di hy shaft in a fitting, which never translated on the course and i got rid of it pretty quickly. i absolutely love the shaft in my 4h, but a slightly softer and responsive feel like the iz sounds intriguing.

I’m a fan of it (hybrid shaft in a utility) it’s always been a really good direction for me in the past
I've never tried it actually, definitely happening this year. Maybe in my 2U :oops:

Love the DI, so definitely following along.
Same on the DI, it blew me away in Nashville, so this has a lot mentally to live up to for me :LOL:

Love my IZ in the driver. Wonder how the hybrid performs. Anything like the driver then it is a winner.

Few swings into a net so far, but the profile feedback reminds me of the AD-DI utility quite a bit actually, which surprised me. Looks like from Tuesday on I’ll be able to get it out and about on the course as well as some data collection.

Small set so far, but dispersion seems quite tight on this one. It’s not as active feeling as I expected, but that’s not a bad thing when it’s a hybrid or utility setup. Circle of dispersion is something I’m going to keep a keen eye on, both in the Crossover it’s in right now as well as the Callaway UT when I move it over.

Um. This thing...I need to get it into my Cally utility to confirm what I’ve seen, but long story short you can go after this one HARD and it just keeps on keeping on. 👀

Back