Graphite in wedges?

Don't know if it was posted in this thread before. But, TXG did a test to put Faldo's "theory" to the test. They pretty much confirmed that there was no sacrifices being made with graphite with irons or wedges. Granted, it is a short test. But, with absolutely no noticeable difference in performance I think the results are pretty definitive.

I have the Paderson 125 wedge in mine and love them

All my irons 5i to LW have Accra 80i shafts. Love the CBX 2 wedges.

Last edited:
Great range session with the i110's this past Sunday. Feel great and distance control is really good. Flight is strong but high enough.
It's a different feel than steel, but its a satisfying sensation and an easy transition. I like how soft and supple it feels for the ol bones.

I've had graphite shafts in some wedges, and all worked well for me.
That said, my driver swing speed is in the range of 92 to 94 mph, so not near pro speeds.
I have two old Yonex wedges, both with their Yonex brand shafts in them. A gap wedge and a sand wedge.
I also have an old Gary Player wedge purchased years ago at a 2nd Swing shop, so purchased second hand but with great grooves still.
The head is copper color. I think made of some sort of Bronze metal.
It has a G. Loomis brand graphite shaft. They are known for fishing gear, so this must have been an early shaft from way back when. That shaft is actually very firm.
None of the shafts feel too whippy or like they have too much torque.
With all that, I don't see an advantage over metal shafts either, as wedges aren't about how far you can hit the ball.

Back