Green Fees/Membership Fees

wow im very jealous how cheap it is for most people here

Between the 4 courses at Cog Hill for weekend mornings its between $75 - $180. Course 1 & 3 are $75, Course 2 $88, Dubsdread $180

What about Ruffled Feathers or even going to Homewood to play Ravisloe??

$75 for 3 golfers and a cart is a great price in the NY Metro area. Do you mostly play NY or NJ courses?

@BuckNasty. I find that the TeeOff app give me upper Westchester or CT courses. There seems to be 1 or 2 tee times per course with a crazy nice rate, and you can always find a 20% or 25% coupon off. So I am flexible with my tee time and drive inside an hour and find some good deals. The GolfNow app has the Westchester public courses unfortunately, and their prices are not as good, once you add in the Golfnow surcharges.

My monthly dues are $399 and carts are $100. I calculated it out since I played 150 rounds last year it averages out to around $40 per round with cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Membership rates last year at our club were $100/month with cart fees of $9 for nine holes & $15 for 18 holes. Just found out they are raising rates to $250/month.
my opinion way to high of an increase for a club that is mediocre.

There's a public course near us that we have our league at and play a lot of our golf at. It's $750 for unlimited play. Cart fees of $9 or $15... But not required. Really great value for me since we play our league here.

I've been looking at private courses, but the closest to me are pricey and I don't want to drive more than 15-20 minutes.

One is $10k upfront, $750/m and $150/m food minimums... Plus assessments.

Another is $10k upfront, $1,000/m with no food minimums and no assessments.

The third is just crazy with $30k upfront, $925/m plus another $400/m which is food minimums and other fees.

All have nice facilities for families with pools, tennis and fishing availability, but being that I'd be the only one using it for the most part, it's just not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Our family rate (me, wife, and 2 kids) including cart is $4,200 per year at my course in MN. No monthly dues after that.

$2,400 a year at my course, that includes it all and the town I live in owns a course that is also beautiful and residents pay $35 anytime sun-sat with a cart. Sometimes I sneak on Manchester Lane when I can get someone to shut the cameras off. Lol

Membership dues are $3500 a year including cart with $50 F&B minimum a month. It’s a steal

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

$430 a month for a family membership(at a private course)
No food minimums
Carts are $22 for 18 and required before 2pm on weekends so that adds to my expense since I enjoy Saturday morning rounds.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Why in the hell does your club not just make the dues include carts?

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Why in the hell does your club not just make the dues include carts?

Almost Fiddy Plus 2
I wish they would most places around here dont though.
And you have to take a cart before 2pm on weekends which sucks for when I wanna walk.

I wish they would most places around here dont though.
And you have to take a cart before 2pm on weekends which sucks for when I wanna walk.

Walking sucks. All the private clubs here include cart of give a set fee for the year for cart

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Walking sucks. All the private clubs here include cart of give a set fee for the year for cart

Almost Fiddy Plus 2
Lol well I don't mind walking except when it's a billion degrees out

Lol well I don't mind walking except when it's a billion degrees out

Honestly I don’t mind walking a course designed for walking as long as I can hire a caddy

Most nice corses here are designed for riding

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

$2400 per year. Doesn’t include cart or ghin. There is a quarterly food min, but it’s not bad ($150).

It includes 2 courses/clubs together though, so my wife and I have membership to both.

100 bucks a month with unlimited walking.
50 or under elsewhere is normal elsewhere.
Splurge when we want something nicer

At my current rate and including the annual range plan add-on, I'm under $150/mo for unlimited golf, with a cart if desired, and range balls.

My membership is about £600 annually, which is pretty cheap for the courses here. TrackMan driving range, short game area and two loops of 18 so pretty decent value.

Home course has a rate I’m eligible for as a 15 year member and over 60. $850/yr
Carts are $15/22. Walk mostly. Semi-private. Members get priority on weekends so we fill up the 1st 2 hours. 3:45 rounds on average. Great association. Avg 75 rounds plus 3 nights a week in summer I bounce around by myself and practice. A little over $11/round.

My membership is about $1,400 CAD includes unlimited golf (no cart) except weekdays (holidays excluded) until 1 pm but includes unlimited range. No food minimums. Bonus this year is throwing in 5 cart rounds. Our season unfortunately is typically 6 months. Still works out to about $15/round walking.

My local public course charges $650 per year for unlimited golf with no cart. On unlimited cart membership is another $600. I will go with a 650 membership because I started walking last year and intend on doing a lot of walking again this year.

City course is $9 to $13 walking 18 depending on time of day. Have a 9 hole walking only course for $15 and another one, not as nice as first two, is $22 with a cart i think. Don't play it often so not sure on walking rate.

18 hole courses range from $25 to maybe $40ish with a cart. A lot of midweek deals also. Some are really well groomed, some are just average.

When you get into rural areas you can get some amazing membership deals at fantastic courses. The course by our cabin where we will live 5-6 months each year starting in 2023 charges me only $1,425 for unlimited golf & range membership with cart at two championship resort courses where the green fees are $95. They are amazing courses and very, very near the quality than the one across the street that is ranked #59 on Golf Digest’s Top 100 You Can Play list. That course charges $3,200 for an unlimited golf membership. All three of these courses are A+ for course conditions and have super fast, true greens that are as good as any of the expensive private clubs here in Minneapolis. Lots of forced carries with water/marsh in play on 12+ holes which is why all have slope ratings above 142, lol.

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 12.10.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-01 at 12.12.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-01 at 12.13.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-01 at 12.13.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-01 at 12.14.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-01 at 12.14.50 PM.pngholes which is the reason

Last edited:
My membership is about £600 annually, which is pretty cheap for the courses here. TrackMan driving range, short game area and two loops of 18 so pretty decent value.
That is a good price for a course having 36 holes - which course is it?

I just bought $200 membership for 4 courses... $16/ 18 cart fee ($8/9)...seems mandatory even when walking....

Got sick of needing golf now and wanted early am tee times... Courses located with 14 minutes ... Took quantity over quality. Average is 4* rating.

Back