Greetings from Almost Heaven

Elbow Jobertski

Reaction score
Handicap
I started playing golf at about seven. Quit when I was 37. Just started again at 47.

Golf became an unhealthy obsession when I started to slip away from scratch so had to give it up; then eventually change of circumstances making golf more viable as a hobby; etc.

I'm just trying to enjoy the game without developing an ego and becoming frustrated because my game is a combination of gross mishits and just enough really good shots that are almost enough to make me think that if I really worked at it and tried I could... well... turn what could be an enjoyable way to relax and get a bit of exercise back into an unhealthy obsession.

I'm doing OK so far. We will see...

Welcome. I'm a mountaineer, born and raised. Spent 20 years traveling the world with the AF, then moved to OK after I retired. Good to see another mountaineer here.

Welcome aboard!

I was born in Huntington and graduated from Marshall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I started playing golf at about seven. Quit when I was 37. Just started again at 47.

Golf became an unhealthy obsession when I started to slip away from scratch so had to give it up; then eventually change of circumstances making golf more viable as a hobby; etc.

I'm just trying to enjoy the game without developing an ego and becoming frustrated because my game is a combination of gross mishits and just enough really good shots that are almost enough to make me think that if I really worked at it and tried I could... well... turn what could be an enjoyable way to relax and get a bit of exercise back into an unhealthy obsession.

I'm doing OK so far. We will see...

Your story sounds a lot like mine except the getting to scratch part LOL. I started playing at 47 years old after a decade long layoff. I got my game back pretty quickly but I can still hit some hall of fame ugly shots. The difference is I just don't gaf anymore. I am having more fun playing golf than ever before. This forum is a big reason my return to golf has been so enjoyable. Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

We have a solid group of guys a bit East if you in the DMV area. Keep a look out for an outing soon...

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Yep, that sounds like golf!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP. I've been to WV once and absolutely loved it. We went to a wedding in a sleepy little town called Davis. We stayed at the Black Bear resort and I was able to sneak in a round at Canaan Valley.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!!
Glad you came back to the game.

Back