Greetings from Myrtle Beach! And WITB

SirLampsAlot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Hey everyone!

Been a member here for years, but this is my first post. My good friend @Vader is active on here and decided I should join in on the fun.

Obviously, I live in Myrtle Beach and if you've played at Legends in the last 5 years, you've been within 100 yards of my house. I know one of you has been in my driveway when Vader stopped by one morning during "The Granddaddy" lol.

I'm an ex golf professional (club not tour), who unfortunately on December 22, 2011, took a golf ball to my left eye at about 140ish MPH off a 3 wood from about 30 yards away. Long story short... my eye exploded on impact and I now have a prosthetic left eye. Yayyyy!

I'm not quite as good/consistent as I used to be, but still love the game. I'm lucky to live in a place where I can golf year round and play a money game every Sunday with 20-30 guys.

I lived in MB for the last 6 years and on and off since 2005. I went to Coastal Carolina when DJ was there. So, if you have any Myrtle Beach questions, I'm sure I can help you out.

Now onto the sticks... Pics below and set up is in my sig
IMG_3963.jpg
IMG_3964.jpg
IMG_3961.jpg

Welcome aboard! Glad you took the plunge and stopped lurking!! Lot of goodness around here.

Late welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. Nice to see you decide to become active on the forum.

Welcome to THP! Carolina Beach/Wilmington here.

Glad you're here, sure you must have lots to share.

Way to join the party, @SirLampsAlot ! Your story hits me in a bunch of personal feels. Glad you're here and still playing and loving the game. 👊

Welcome to THP!!
I will be down there in august!

Wow quite a story. Welcome!

Welcome to :thp:

How do you like living in the MB area? My wife and I want to move after kids are out of house (youngest 16 so at least 5 years). Her first choice is there. I visited last year and liked the area. The golf options obv. help!!

Welcome to THP! Love the MB area.

Welcome to the forum, great group of people.

Thanks everyone!

@bigbov I honestly love it, it's definitely behind the times and trashy in some areas, but you just avoid those areas and there is always something to do. Golf for locals is incredibly cheap and you have a ton of options. Just be aware that about 4 months out of the year it's tough for the locals to get tee times. March/April and September/October is peak golf season here.

If I was going to retire here it would be in Murrells Inlet, Pawleys or North Myrtle. The best courses are on the north and south end, IMO.

First, welcome to active duty! (I guess that's how you'd classify de-lurking.)

Also, EEEEEK!!!! on the eyeball story.

Looks like a nice mélange of sticks in your bag.

Welcome to THP! Glad you decided to start interacting on the forum.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP, jump in and enjoy the great community here!

Welcome aboard. I too have a Toulon Palm Beach. Great putter.

@Parrot Man... I want them to bring it back so badly! I'd love to have one in tour satin or black, but if I want that I'll probably have to send it in to NorCal Putters or one of those guys.

Last edited:
:welcome:

Back