Greetings from Myrtle Beach! And WITB

:welcome:

Welcome to more engagement in :thp:

Welcome to THP! This is an amazing community jump right in!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome. . . . and I love MB !

The wife and I are considering making the trip back there this year as it has been 6 or 7 years since our last visit.

Hey everyone!

Been a member here for years, but this is my first post. My good friend @Vader is active on here and decided I should join in on the fun.

Obviously, I live in Myrtle Beach and if you've played at Legends in the last 5 years, you've been within 100 yards of my house. I know one of you has been in my driveway when Vader stopped by one morning during "The Granddaddy" lol.

I'm an ex golf professional (club not tour), who unfortunately on December 22, 2011, took a golf ball to my left eye at about 140ish MPH off a 3 wood from about 30 yards away. Long story short... my eye exploded on impact and I now have a prosthetic left eye. Yayyyy!

I'm not quite as good/consistent as I used to be, but still love the game. I'm lucky to live in a place where I can golf year round and play a money game every Sunday with 20-30 guys.

I lived in MB for the last 6 years and on and off since 2005. I went to Coastal Carolina when DJ was there. So, if you have any Myrtle Beach questions, I'm sure I can help you out.

Now onto the sticks... Pics below and set up is in my sig
View attachment 9160650
View attachment 9160649
View attachment 9160651
Glad you decided to post and get more involved.

Myrtle question for you: Going to be in Myrtle in a month with a group of 14. Best place to eat when we are there? Looking for a good dinner spot Friday or Saturday night

@NashtyoneCG Where are you staying and which courses are you playing? I'll give you recommendations near the courses you're playing/where you're staying.

Also... I'm in sales and I sell to a majority of the hotels here in MB. Everywhere between Pawleys Island and Wilmington. So I can also tell you where and where not to stay lol.

Last edited:
@NashtyoneCG Where are you staying and which courses are you playing? I'll give you recommendations near the courses you're playing/where you're staying.

Also... I'm in sales and I sell to a majority of the hotels here in MB. Everywhere between Pawleys Island and Wilmington. So I can also tell you where and where not to stay lol.
We are staying at the Barefoot resort and playing The Norman, Love and Dye courses. Also playing at The Tradition Golf Club

:welcome:
I spent 3 months in NMB last year snowbirding and I really miss it!

We are staying at the Barefoot resort and playing The Norman, Love and Dye courses. Also playing at The Tradition Golf Club

Sweet! I used to work maintenance at Tradition back in the day. Great track. My dad had a condo behind 12 green on Norman (first floor, right corner unit if you're looking at it from the green) 2005-2007. Dye crushes them all... Love and Norman are a toss up. Think Love is typically in better shape, but Norman has a few holes on the Waterway. Tip for Norman on 18. Aim left, depending on how far you hit the ball, take it up and over the tallest tree on the left.

In that case I recommend Greg Norman's in Barefoot. My buddy is a server there... I play golf with him every Sunday. If you tell me what day you're going I will see if he can be your server.

Depending on what time you're playing Tradition... you're not far from Frank's Outback. I highly recommend Frank's, but it is tough to get a reservation and with a party that size and only a month away, it's going to be tough getting a reservation.

Sweet! I used to work maintenance at Tradition back in the day. Great track. My dad had a condo behind 12 green on Norman (first floor, right corner unit if you're looking at it from the green) 2005-2007. Dye crushes them all... Love and Norman are a toss up. Think Love is typically in better shape, but Norman has a few holes on the Waterway. Tip for Norman on 18. Aim left, depending on how far you hit the ball, take it up and over the tallest tree on the left.

In that case I recommend Greg Norman's in Barefoot. My buddy is a server there... I play golf with him every Sunday. If you tell me what day you're going I will see if he can be your server.

Depending on what time you're playing Tradition... you're not far from Frank's Outback. I highly recommend Frank's, but it is tough to get a reservation and with a party that size and only a month away, it's going to be tough getting a reservation.
Thanks for the recommendations and golf tips. We are playing Tradition on 3/30 but the majority of the group gets in that night so not sure if we will be going out then or just Friday/Saturday

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome neighbor, I'm in Market Common.

Welcome neighbor, I'm in Market Common.
Hey neighbor! I lived in Market Common before buying my house in Sago. I kind of miss it over there.

Welcome welcome!

Love the Cayce headcover btw haha.

Quite the story. Appreciate the way you handled it all. Welcome aboard!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard! Love seeing “referrals” haha the story about the eye is crazy though sheesh

Great witb.

Headed to Myrtle this Sunday. Any courses in particularly good shape right now?

Welcome to thp

Welcome to the forum

Great witb.

Headed to Myrtle this Sunday. Any courses in particularly good shape right now?

Played Pine Lakes last weekend it's in great shape.

Welcome to THP!!!

Back