Greetings from Myrtle Beach! And WITB

Great witb.

Headed to Myrtle this Sunday. Any courses in particularly good shape right now?
Most courses are in pretty good shape right now. The one I can tell you to avoid is Man O'War. They lost their greens a couple months ago and they still aren't fully recovered.

Caledonia is back and in perfect condition again. If you were aware of their green fiasco last summer.

Most courses are in pretty good shape right now. The one I can tell you to avoid is Man O'War. They lost their greens a couple months ago and they still aren't fully recovered.

Caledonia is back and in perfect condition again. If you were aware of their green fiasco last summer.

Welcome to THP,
I'll be joining a group of 13 for the last week of March. We are playing Wizard which is along side Man O'War. How are the greens at Wizard?
Our remaining 4 courses are Myrtlewood Pine Hills and Palmetto, Crow Creek & Aberdeen. Any thoughts about their condition? Thanks for your help.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP,
I'll be joining a group of 13 for the last week of March. We are playing Wizard which is along side Man O'War. How are the greens at Wizard?
Our remaining 4 courses are Myrtlewood Pine Hills and Palmetto, Crow Creek & Aberdeen. Any thoughts about their condition? Thanks for your help.
Wizard is in pretty good shape. The 7th green is always a mess, but recently it was the best I've ever seen it. I couldn't tell you about the others. It's been over a year since I've played Crow Creek, Aberdeen or either of the Myrtlewood courses.

I have been told Long Bay is in rough shape all around right now.

Welcome!! I will be playing a couple of courses in the Myrtle Beach area the 1st week of June. Driving from the NW burbs of Chicago, first to Savannah, Ga. Then on to Charleston, SC. Then on to BIL's in MB. The BIL and I will play at least 3 times that week. Looking forward to being out there...

My wife and I looking to take a road trip to Myrtle in early May. Rub is, she's not a golfer so looking at a place on the ocean front (condo style). Also looking for afternoon tee times and she would be a rider.
Any suggestions for mid priced accomodations and golf courses would be appreciated.

My wife and I looking to take a road trip to Myrtle in early May. Rub is, she's not a golfer so looking at a place on the ocean front (condo style). Also looking for afternoon tee times and she would be a rider.
Any suggestions for mid priced accomodations and golf courses would be appreciated.
I don't live there, sorry! Would love to help, but really don't know where we are playing, much less how to get to the courses. Check with Myrtle Beach Golf, or something like that...

I don't live there, sorry! Would love to help, but really don't know where we are playing, much less how to get to the courses. Check with Myrtle Beach Golf, or something like that...
No problem. Figured I post this and hopefully get some FB from somebody familiar with the MB scene.

Sorry... I have been traveling for work. I would look into Grande Cayman, Ocean Reef, Caribbean Resort, SeaWatch Resort, or Marriott at Grande Dunes. All ocean front. Room rates start increasing dramatically in May... just a heads up.

If you're going out in the afternoon as a single with your wife riding along you shouldn't have issues getting out, but you'll probably end up paired with other people.

Add Kingston Resort to your list. Make sure to check if any room price quoted includes resort fee, a lot of the hotels have them here. Check out Pine Lakes (Myrtle Beach's first golf course aka The Granddaddy) During high season (this includes May) some of the courses will charge a fee for a non-golfing rider.

Thanks to all who responded. Getting this trip together will be a diversion from our upcoming snow.

Sorry... I have been traveling for work. I would look into Grande Cayman, Ocean Reef, Caribbean Resort, SeaWatch Resort, or Marriott at Grande Dunes. All ocean front. Room rates start increasing dramatically in May... just a heads up.

If you're going out in the afternoon as a single with your wife riding along you shouldn't have issues getting out, but you'll probably end up paired with other people.
My experience in Myrtle Beach when it gets hot is courses tend to be light, or empty because of the heat, especially during the week when everyone is working. BIL lives there, and we played about 6-7 years ago, and it was 100* everyday. Went to a couple of courses during that week, and we were the only ones out there. Ranger kept checking on us at this one course, can't recall the name. Nice people!! Too hot to even drink beer while playing! Water, Water, Water!!

I don't know if I should let the secret out, but the best time to come to Myrtle Beach to play golf is in the summer... if you can deal with the heat and low country humidity. The courses are in the best shape and the rates are the second lowest they will be all year. Winter being the cheapest.

He will be coming towards the beginning of May when the golfers start to trickle out and are replaced by family tourism. By mid May the tourist golfers are mostly gone, the courses are are in great shape (until they aerate), and the golf is cheap.

Add Kingston Resort to your list. Make sure to check if any room price quoted includes resort fee, a lot of the hotels have them here. Check out Pine Lakes (Myrtle Beach's first golf course aka The Granddaddy) During high season (this includes May) some of the courses will charge a fee for a non-golfing rider.
Yes! Should have mentioned that. @Propman Don't be surprised if a course tries to charge you for your wife riding with you. Kingston is very nice and they just opened a oceanfront brewery right next to it called Black Drum Brewing. However, I know the resort is in the middle of a renovation, so keep that in mind.

Mrs. Bosco is quite partial to the TPC at Harbour View in Little River.

Ok, ok. . It’s a par 3 but we had so much fun 😉

Back