Gripmore vs Replaceable Softspikes

CraftyLefty

Reaction score
Handicap
Driver
Hi all,

I don't purchase a lot of golf shoes. Typically I buy a new pair every 2 or 3 years. I've always worn spiked shoes and I replace spikes every season (at least). I've never worn spikeless shoes.

I'm interested in the Adipower Boost line of shoes this year. That said, I'm worried about the life of the gripmore soles. I usually walk the course when I play and I'm not too keen on dropping $180-190 on a pair of kicks that I'll have to replace next year due to wear. Is this a rational fear? How long should I expect the Gripmore spike/sole to last?

I'm 6'3" 205lbs and I carry my bag when I walk. So total load is about 235-240lbs.

I'm also looking at the Adidas Tour 360 X or the Nike Lunar Control 3/Lunar Command. All three of these are replaceable soft spikes.

Any experience with the gripmore's durability would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently using the Nike Free based TWs (the first ones).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't speak for that particular model, but I'd expect some wear on the nubs for sure, especially if you are walking often.

The nubs will wear, not as fast as soft spikes, however those can be replaced.

I'm currently playing spineless shoes however and have no plan in switching.

The nubs will wear, not as fast as soft spikes, however those can be replaced.

I'm currently playing spineless shoes however and have no plan in switching.

Can't speak for that particular model, but I'd expect some wear on the nubs for sure, especially if you are walking often.

Thanks guys. I imagine I should avoid the gripmore style if I'm expecting to get some longevity out of my next pair.

My shoe rota will be relatively small compared to yours JB.

Might look for previous year shoes at a discount. I wear both types, but try to keep them cheap. I found pairs of both spiked and spikeless shoes from last year over the winter for $50 a pair.

Ill be honest, while I have a ton of golf shoes, since getting the BioDrive, its pretty much all I have been wearing as of late.

Might look for previous year shoes at a discount. I wear both types, but try to keep them cheap. I found pairs of both spiked and spikeless shoes from last year over the winter for $50 a pair.

that's usually what I do as well. I tend to look for previous years and grab them at good prices.

I've been searching. It's the darn 13W that kills me.

Do the bio drives come in wide? I've had trouble squeezing into Pumas.

I've been searching. It's the darn 13W that kills me.

Do the bio drives come in wide? I've had trouble squeezing into Pumas.

The BioDrive line is designed for a wide toe bed, therefore its a standard width in size. I recommend trying them on.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I can find a pair in Knoxville.

Back