Gulf Coast New Member

Ragnuuts

Reaction score
Hello all. I live along the texas gulf coast and have recently had a breakthrough in my game and was looking for discussions about the key swing thought, and the two new clubs i got at the same time as the swing thought. So, figured id join a golf forum and here i am.

Been a 15 hc forever. Im 56 years young, and have finally reached a point where consistent contact is… dare i say it?… almost easy. Just broke 80 this week for first time in 20 years (took 10 off). Currently a 13 hc but that is likely to drop considerably if my ball striking continues.

So… im going to search for related threads but the swing thought that has changed my game is a :27 video of david duval saying “throw the club behind you.” WOW. CHANGED MY ENTIRE CONCEPT. i went from thinking of swinging like hands on a clock face (vertical) to swinging more like a merry-go-round (horizontal/flat) while “throwing” club behind me. It is amazing how much that one thought has helped me. After researching it more, it goes along with the whole “RIT” or right inside throw release school of thought. Whatever it is it works for me. For now.

Also, the two clubs i coincidentally got that are worthy of mention are ping g430 lst driver and jailbird versa putter. Love em both!!!!

Anyway, i know its A long winded intro but… HOLA.

Hi @Ragnuuts ! That's awesome you had a breakthrough like that. Lots of similar stories here and people willing to chop that kind of thing up, so welcome to the forum and the conversations!

Welcome aboard!!!

:welcome:

Welcome to thp lived in Destin for a good bit. Love the Gulf coast

Welcome to THP. What part of the coast are at?

Welcome to THP. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum.

Manuel de la Torre says Golf is easy we just make it hard. All you have to do is swing the club over your right shoulder and then swing it back very similar.

Welcome aboard!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Back