Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully post-Obama cheap comes close to pre-Obama cheap. :D
id love for that to happen but just like gas prices... theyre here to stay

If I could find an m&p15 sport around $600 I'd prob jump on it. Problem is whoever is selling a used one probably overpaid for it and need $800-$900 to cover their costs.

Wish I could find a new one in my local shop but heck that's $800 after tax. If I recall pre CT shooting you could get em under $700 out the door new and around $500-$600 used.

Ugh

If I could find an m&p15 sport around $600 I'd prob jump on it. Problem is whoever is selling a used one probably overpaid for it and need $800-$900 to cover their costs.

Wish I could find a new one in my local shop but heck that's $800 after tax. If I recall pre CT shooting you could get em under $700 out the door new and around $500-$600 used.

Ugh

Best deal in line with what you are looking for, i have 3 builds from PSA, they are a very good quality AR, as good as the S&W sport if you ask me. 700.00 shipped, no CC fees

http://grabagun.com/palmetto-state-armory-m4-orc-16-556-mil-spec.html

Last edited:
Hello again, old friend.

3u9ydusy.jpg

very nice, Sig makes a great 1911, i know some knock there external extractor deigns, but i know some people who have 15,000+ rounds through them with out a issue.

You're going to be looking close to 900 for an M&P when it's all said and done. Even the base orc is over 800 for my cost.

very nice, Sig makes a great 1911, i know some knock there external extractor deigns, but i know some people who have 15,000+ rounds through them with out a issue.

I had several thousand through the one I had previously, and I wasn't the first owner. The other trainer I work with probably had close to 10k through his. Along with nm serial numbered Springers, Sig makes probably the finest 1911 under $1k. Certainly the least mim parts out of any 1911 until you get to Dan Wesson territory, which still go pretty cheap for what they are.

I had several thousand through the one I had previously, and I wasn't the first owner. The other trainer I work with probably had close to 10k through his. Along with nm serial numbered Springers, Sig makes probably the finest 1911 under $1k. Certainly the least mim parts out of any 1911 until you get to Dan Wesson territory, which still go pretty cheap for what they are.

Exactly what i have come to understand, i love my Ruger sr1911 CMD but over time when you add up my changes it will be a 1,100+ gun in part do to me switching out some MIM parts.

I am looking hard at the Sig Tacops 1911 carry, as it offers some differences from my Ruger, or the Nitron RCS like you bought. Sig nightmare carry is also a consideration along with the S&W 1911sc(again more MIM that SIG)

I have a customer coming to pick up a sr1911 cmd after work today. I only handled it enough to get the sn to log it in, but I'll see if he'll mind if I check it out when he shows up. I try to mess with customers' guns as little as possible when they transfer through me.

You're going to be looking close to 900 for an M&P when it's all said and done. Even the base orc is over 800 for my cost.

My local shop says they list them for right around $700 when they have them. They have the DPMS Sportical in stock for $709 but I have heard they are 50/50 in getting a quality gun. Some people hate em and some love em but you'll get that with every gun I suppose. I really don't want to buy new as my golf fund and my gun fund are one in the same...

Luckily I am in no hurry.

$700 for a 5.56 m&p rifle? Oh, that must be the sporter version. If I could get those I'd probably sell them for $650ish, but they go to brick and mortar shops. We don't get a lot of priority as small as we are.

$700 for a 5.56 m&p rifle? Oh, that must be the sporter version. If I could get those I'd probably sell them for $650ish, but they go to brick and mortar shops. We don't get a lot of priority as small as we are.

Yeah it's the m&p15 sport. They are incredibly hard to find around here as well. For my needs the forward assist and dust cover are just wasted money and I like that the m&p comes with a PMAG. All I can do is keep looking, lol

Well, my Walther PPQ fund just got deflated. I'm picking up a used Mathews Z7 compound bow tomorrow. I've been wanting one for a long time and found a loaded out bow with a bunch of accessories for $500.
Once I decide what accessories I might want to keep, I'll probably put the rest with my old bow and put it up for sale and hopefully recoup a little of my gun fund.
Guess my P22, P89 and LCP will have to do me till then!

Yeah it's the m&p15 sport. They are incredibly hard to find around here as well. For my needs the forward assist and dust cover are just wasted money and I like that the m&p comes with a PMAG. All I can do is keep looking, lol

Even better deal, 650.00 shipped, with magpul FDE furniture, 199.00 + 419.00 + 30.00 shipping, down the road get a FDE magpul hand guard for cheap

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-14-7-chf-mid-pin-weld-rifle-kit.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...l-moe-edition-od-green-no-magazine-14204.html

here we go again. another idiot with an ak47 going into an elementary school
just when ammo was starting to come back again
all those with stocked ammo shelves start hoarding again

well the good news (if there is any) is that the tory is not the headline of CNN or Foxnews...yet

serious pondering lol, this gun thing never ends haha

I want to put some trijicon HD night sights on my M&P later on, and am thinking either orange front post over the green one. I really like the large dot on the front contrasting with the small rear sights.
M%26P+Shield+-+Trijicon+HD+Sights+-+Sight+picture.jpg

or

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

Guns....

Also, I'm a new safariland fan.

My mag pouch came in today

betupa2a.jpg

puhypuqu.jpg

IMG_20130820_182224_152_zps73c09cbb.jpg

Barrel and bullets arrived a few days back, will be bringing the whole thing up to the smith this weekend.

Last edited:
Guns....

url]

Barrel and bullets arrived a few days back, will be bringing the whole thing up to the smith this weekend.

Pardon my ignorance, what are you building

Until I saw your post, I was going to make this same recommendation. PSA is a great product and they don't rip you off. Even when things were crazy and unavailable, they were selling their lower receivers for their normal retail price of $99. The new year brought a little higher price, but still cheaper then a lot of other vendors. I used PSA components in all of my completes and am yet to have any issues. If you are looking for guns outside of the AR platform, their pricing is pretty good for those as well. Keep in mind, their website is operated separately from their retail stores, so if something shows as unavailable on the website, it may still be available in the stores.

Just got an email from PSA after my original post for free shipping for orders over $50 until this Sunday. Not a bad deal!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/?utm...tm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email

freeship_Over50_zpsd289ff4a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Even better deal, 650.00 shipped, with magpul FDE furniture, 199.00 + 419.00 + 30.00 shipping, down the road get a FDE magpul hand guard for cheap

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-14-7-chf-mid-pin-weld-rifle-kit.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...l-moe-edition-od-green-no-magazine-14204.html

Last edited:
Just got done installing the DCAEK trigger kit in my M&P. It pretty much eliminated the over travel and the spring combination I have in there cut the trigger pull weight down to ~4.5lbs. The installation wasn't too bad and the difference is huge.

palmettostatearmory.com has free shipping on orders over $50. They also have GECO 124gr 9mm in stock for $14.99 a box. Just ordered 8 boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back