Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that sucks.

In other news the local Wally is having ammo in stock more often than not lately.

no wonder they werent charging you that much to put them on... eek... id ask them to pay for new sights and put them on somewhere else

I'm going right now to see them, they have a no refund, no exchange no exception policy, but I paid for new sights, they ruined them, so they need to fix this

Wow that is one bad sight job! Hopefully they replace them for you dude!

They fixed it for me, they didn't do anything about the dents though because they say their sight pusher does that :/ but I was super picky and sent them back to do it three times.

They fixed it for me, they didn't do anything about the dents though because they say their sight pusher does that :/ but I was super picky and sent them back to do it three times.

I've never heard of a sight pusher that leaves marks like that.

I've never heard of a sight pusher that leaves marks like that.

That's what I was saying

Funny thing, they are M&P armorers, but don't have an M&P pusher, only a kimber one or something like that

That's what I was saying

Funny thing, they are M&P armorers, but don't have an M&P pusher, only a kimber one or something like that
thats lame... i wouldnt go back there

I'd be pretty pissed. I do not subscribe to the theory of "A gun is just a tool, it does not need to look good".

They look fantastic, and are straight as an arrow, just didn't like the little dents that were left from their job, I got 10% off though but I'm still pissed. I think they had the new guy do the sight replacement yesterday, and the same guy was the only guy there today, I sent the gun back three times because the sights were crooked and made sure they knew I was pissed. The dents are not that noticeable but they scratched the coolest part (Trijicon logo) on the front post

To tell you the truth, it looks like he used a punch instead of a sight pusher

He could have at least used a brass punch...lol. That is how I put my TFO sights on. Mangled the punch pretty good, but the sights are still cherry.

Live pretty close to Knob Creek gun range (yes, the one they have a show about on cmt. Sigh...)

Love my springfield xd 9mm. Nearly a perfect gun for me and a lot of fun to shoot. Just recently sold my daniel defense ar15. Really enjoyed it buy haven't shot it in a while so got some new clubs with the money. Also have a Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum revolver. And a Walther PPK 380 ACP

Went with Kristen to look at some firearms Friday night. A former co-worker of hers owns a gun shop and we are in the market for new handguns, my first and her second. Looked at a Glock 19, Springfield XD9, and a M&P. Found that I really liked the weight and balance of the XD9. Looked at a couple of smaller versions of those models as well, but didnt find the balance to be as good and didnt like how the grip felt in hand. Haven't had a chance to shoot anything yet, but anyone have any thoughts, pros/cons to these models or any thing else to look at and check out. Going to be using it primarily for personal protection, conceal carry, and target shooting.

Went with Kristen to look at some firearms Friday night. A former co-worker of hers owns a gun shop and we are in the market for new handguns, my first and her second. Looked at a Glock 19, Springfield XD9, and a M&P. Found that I really liked the weight and balance of the XD9. Looked at a couple of smaller versions of those models as well, but didnt find the balance to be as good and didnt like how the grip felt in hand. Haven't had a chance to shoot anything yet, but anyone have any thoughts, pros/cons to these models or any thing else to look at and check out. Going to be using it primarily for personal protection, conceal carry, and target shooting.

Try to shoot whatever you are considering. Also, the balance of the gun empty will be very different from the balance of the gun loaded.

Well the options and opinions are limitless, all depends on the person, try all you can, look for ranges that have one fee for as many as you want to try. don't rush to buy.

So quick update, I finally talked to the general manager about my sight job, he said that the sight install shouldn't have been done that way, and that he had just ordered more for the store and he would call me when they come in for replacement. He also mentioned they just bought an M&P specific sight pusher which will get in before my sights so they'll be done properly. I'm glad they are replacing them for free, they should have been done right the first time

Nice man. I'm glad they are going to make it right.

I like my Truglo TFO sights a lot on my FS. I actually just ordered another set for my Shield. I really like your's also but the prices I saw spooked me. What did you pay if you don't mind saying.

I don't own a gun, but as my daughters get older and start getting interested in dating....that might change.

I like my Truglo TFO sights a lot on my FS. I actually just ordered another set for my Shield. I really like your's also but the prices I saw spooked me. What did you pay if you don't mind saying.

Yeah, he would have replaced them today but I bought the last one. He also is going to inquire about the apex duty kit and call me when it comes in. The bad thing about me having the M&P is that the local law enforcement agencies switched to the M&P line and all accessories and upgrades in the area are all gone haha

Gotta love Texas

ysezyrub.jpg

All handgun ammo

I picked up a box of hornady critical defense per recommendation of my officer friend

2arytazy.jpg

Definitely worth watching

The sights were overpriced at $175, but they gave me 10% off so I paid 169 with tax.

Last edited:
Gotta love Texas

I picked up a box of hornady critical defense per recommendation of my officer friend

2arytazy.jpg

you did well, not a fan of the critical defense line (light weight and under powered) except the .40 offering, they got it right with that one

Give me Federal HST over anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back