Happy Opening Day!

soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
Woohoo! :blob::blob:

Finally, the baseball season is here! And as an added bonus tonight is Yankees vs Red Sox. Sabathia vs Beckett. This should be a great pitchers dual, but as with all games Sox vs Yanks I am sure it will be a late night!

Im so ready for this season to start already. Ill have to Tivo the game tonight. Have fun watching Soxy.

I'll watch tonight, then pick interest back up after the all star break... oh yeah, GO YANKEES!!!!

Sigh, this is not going the way I was hoping. Ahhh, the reality of being a red sox fan...

I'm a Red Sox fan as well!! I'm going to see the Angels tomorrow for their home opener against Minnesota, should be FUN!!! I'll be wearing my Angles shirt. I remember what happened last time I wore my Red Sox shirt to see the Angles: It was playoff game #1 last year (Red Sox and Angels) and I got harassed for being a Red Sox fan too :crying:

I'm a Red Sox fan as well!! I'm going to see the Angels tomorrow for their home opener against Minnesota, should be FUN!!! I'll be wearing my Angles shirt. I remember what happened last time I wore my Red Sox shirt to see the Angles: It was playoff game #1 last year (Red Sox and Angels) and I got harassed for being a Red Sox fan too :crying:

You sould be harrassed for being a Red Sox fan. ( Simple for me to say as a Yankee fan :tongue: )

Love it, all the talk in the off season has been about how bad the sox offense is going to be this year and how good the pitching will be. Well, it is 7-7 in the 7th inning, not really holding true at the moment! Although, I do think the starting pitching will be great this year as long as the big three stay healthy. How good is your rotation if Lackey is your third starter?!
As stated in my first post, we are now 3 hours in, are tied and still have 2 innings to go, I have a feeling this is still going to be a while...

Glad to know I'm not the only Yankees fan here anymore!

Well, Craig Mac and I, actually...last season.

That is 3 Yankee fans too many! :wink:

What a good way to start the season :D And having Neil Diamond singing "Sweet Caroline" :good: GO RED SOX!!!

Red Sox :bad:

Yankees fan here too, so make that 4!

that was very cool on tv, must have been awesome in person!

And having Neil Diamond singing "Sweet Caroline" :good: GO RED SOX!!!

What a good way to start the season :D And having Neil Diamond singing "Sweet Caroline" :good: GO RED SOX!!!

Wasn't as good as Nick Swisher turning them down. :D

Too many Yankee fans and too many Sox fans, if you ask me. :act-up:

Oh, and Golf chick. They saved the best game for last tonight. Angels - Twins.

I hope you go home disappointed. :act-up:

Oh, and Golf chick. They saved the best game for last tonight. Angels - Twins.

I hope you go home disappointed. :act-up:
This game is about to turn into a slug fest. Baker and Weaver dont look that sharp.

This game is about to turn into a slug fest. Baker and Weaver dont look that sharp.

Weaver looks better than Baker, IMO. Baker is supposed to be our "ace" but sometimes I don't think he's good enough to be a no. 3 starter on a decent team. I fear that if the Twins have a bad year, starting pitching will be why. I guess you could say that for a lot of teams, but it's especially true w/ the Twins.

Weaver looks better than Baker, IMO. Baker is supposed to be our "ace" but sometimes I don't think he's good enough to be a no. 3 starter on a decent team. I fear that if the Twins have a bad year, starting pitching will be why. I guess you could say that for a lot of teams, but it's especially true w/ the Twins.

Its definitely a young staff. I think Baker, Slowey and Blackburn can build on last year. The big question is Liriano and Pavano, if they stay healthy that could be a good 4 -5 spot in the rotation. The problem is they dont have an ace, its like a bunch of 2 and 3s. Im not sure its a bad thing.

My Braves WON!

Back