Hardest golf hole?

If “ball in pocket” was a picture

No 10 at Sewailo is it for me.

View attachment 9222933
Yep Yes GIF by Rosanna Pansino

#10 at sewailo is tough. Long par 3’s (220+) are rough on me, but I can’t think of a specific example

I think Sewailo 10 is a poorly designed hole that leads to bad decisions.

The 17th at the Old Course you have to get over the visual of the hotel off the tee. Then you have to not go in the bunker or the road next to the hole. Putting on that green is also not easy.

17th at Sawgrass. I have never played there but it appears to be a little difficult to fully understand the size of the green and just how much water is around it unless you have been there.

In Arizona...hmmm. What sticks out to me is Victory hole 9. Long par 4 with a lot of nonsense on the right. Green complex is elevated with trouble around it. I don't think it is the hardest hole I have played but it is the only one that really sticks out to me right now. I have to think a little more about it.

I need to see this Sewailo hole. For me:

20231114_164631.jpg

It's this beautiful 457y dogled right par 4 that @Muchmore18 wishes he could tee off from every day. It starts a little uphill and gets very uphill around the corner. A good drive that's straight goes through to serious trouble, and a fade miss right is nothing but trees and huge scores. The good news is that if you actually thread the needle and find the center of the fairway...

20231120_234021.jpg

your ridiculously uphill approach is into this really nice green that's allergic to holding your ball on it and will break all your 4 putt records if it does.

Hole 7 at Pine Bay in Wichita has eaten my lunch more times than I can count. It plays 130-140 yards, surrounded by water. You tee off facing the west and KS wind is usually heavy out of the south, so it's across from the left. This shot is the only time I've gotten a birdie because I drained a lucky putt off the right fringe. I've had a couple pars, but 9/10 times I end up in the drink (at least once) and take a 6. Not sure why Garmin cut off the tee shot.

Screenshot_20231120_234631_Garmin Golf.jpg

This loses a lot of the elevation details, but it gives you an idea.

Yeah I've watched that. This is the one a bunch of guys play up the other fairway, right?

Yeah I've watched that. This is the one a bunch of guys play up the other fairway, right?
I think I remember hearing some kind of talk about that, but it's not a shot I have in my bag and I haven't seen anybody try it yet.

15th hole at Bethpage Black.
Length, rough, elevation, severely sloping unreceptive green. Just brutal for me. Not to mention the absolute physical challenge.

15th hole at Bethpage Black.
Length, rough, elevation, severely sloping unreceptive green. Just brutal for me. Not to mention the absolute physical challenge.
That hole are my lunch and dinner and destroyed a really good round. After leaving that green I was defeated.

This loses a lot of the elevation details, but it gives you an idea.

The hole is tough , requires three great shots.
One bad one and it’s a double or worse

The 17th hole at my home course is the toughest hole i've ever played. It's just a brutal hole. I wish i had pictures

it's a 450yd par 4 with a 90 degree dogleg left. The trees are very high so cutting the dogleg is incredibly challenging. To do it you'd need to launch a driver 19-20 degrees and carry at least 250yds. And if you miss you're going to make a triple.

Playing the hole the intended way is no picnic. It's a 220yd tee shot that needs to move right to left, or you leave yourself 215-220 yds in. You can't go long off the tee because you're hitting at a road that is OB

Your approach is anywhere from 190-220 into a redan green originally designed for a par 5. But it gets better, a few yards right of the green is the road i mentioned above which is now parallel to your shot, which is OB. So bail out left then? Left of the green is a red stake ditch that is unplayable

Basically hit 2 perfect 200+ shots to get onto the green

Last Thursday in less than ideal conditions we had this 198 yard par 3 that was a 186 yard carry to keep it dry. Wind was gusty mostly in our face and quartering a bit off the left. Normally it would be an easy 5 iron for me but with the wind I chose 4 wood and missed it left of the green and a bit past pin high which means it was playing about 230 yards.

IMG_3108.jpegIMG_3109.jpegIMG_3107.jpeg

15th at Victoria National for me. Tough tee shot, tough lay up, tough approach.

IMG_3535.jpeg

It's the hardest hole on my course, but it is the one that gives me the most fits.

It's the par 3 12th. From the blue tees, as shown below, it played 174 to a middle pin. If the pin is on the on the left side of the green, it can stretch to about 180. It's a little uphill and usually into the prevailing SE breeze. The mounds long are elevated to the putting surface and a very bad place to be. The green is narrow, maybe 30 feet at it's widest point. It's sloped significantly back left to front right. I missed the green but saved par so it was a good day. One day earlier this year, I hit a big pull when the pin was on the front right. My putt was rolling so slow at the hole and continued off the green. I made bogey. I've made 6 when a well-struck tee shot was about 2 yards off the back in the fluff. I hate this hole.

1700584964302.png

IMG_3739.jpeg

#5 at fields ranch east comes to mind recently. Long par 4 where driver is basically taken out of your hand. Narrow tee shot that looks even smaller from the tee. Long uphill second to elevated green. Layup was the play for most of my group and there are big ol bunkers right in the way to add insult to injury.

View attachment 9223043

#5 at fields ranch east comes to mind recently. Long par 4 where driver is basically taken out of your hand. Narrow tee shot that looks even smaller from the tee. Long uphill second to elevated green. Layup was the play for most of my group and there are big ol bunkers right in the way to add insult to injury.
I hate long holes that take driver out of hand.

Wolf Creek #3. 250 yards straight uphill. Think it plays like 275. Come up short and the ball runs back into the rocks, unless the rough grabs it.

1700592396056.png

Back