Has anyone gone from a digger to a sweeper or vice versa?

I used to be a digger, but lately I find that I am more of a sweeper.

I'm a sweeper. No idea why or how, guess its not a horrible thing but I've just never taken a big divot. Unless...its super wet out then I take beaver pelts especially with wedges

Maybe I have it wrong, but in my mind there's a big difference between a sweeper and a picker. Sweeper to me is shallow. And looking at your insta @MattyD-MPLS you seem like you used to be pretty steep (nothing current). So has that changed, where you're rotating through more from behind instead of above your body, or have you just stopped digging (become a picker) with that same vertical approach?

I saw your post a couple up and when I start picking more I try to raise the handle, which I guess you did, and watch my left knee bend relative to my left shoulder turn. If I'm posted straight before my shoulder has reached parallel I get really picky. I've had to make a concerted effort to hold that bend and raise the handle this year to overcome it.

I have only been able to get to the range with my girls so my practice time alone has been cut drastically. I love taking them and seeing their faces light up when they catch one. That being said, my performance has seen the effects. I am working on getting some new video to see the changes that have occurred to make these types of swings happen. I am thinking about finding a swing coach for the first time in many many years.

A swing coach could be beneficial. Hope it works for you!

Back