Has the delay in shipping from manufacturers turned you off from purchasing equipment this year?

Yes, used to be mostly an online shopper. Now I’ll pay more and buy items that are in stock at the local specialty store.

Yes, I wanted to get blacked out KBS C-Taper X a while back and I couldn't get my hands on any so I almost didn't get any shafts. I settled with PX 7.0 out of necessity.

I've tried every major online retailer to find an X-flex ST220Z and no one has one. They all tell me it has to go through Mizuno and will take at least 6-8 weeks. Hard to order knowing that.

When I ordered my driver, neither the loft I wanted nor the shaft I picked were unavailable for selection, as has been the case in the past when something was not available. I did order a custom grip but sent an email to CS that I would change it if the selected grip was not in inventory. I was told that I couldn't change it and that my order would be shipped when heads and shafts were delivered to them. Now, I have a FedEx fiasco of a delivery happening. I know FedEx's sh*tshow of a delivery isn't the OEM's fault.

I love getting all amped up about new products. The OEMs do a great job selling and driving interest. But, given the supply and shipping problems, its disappointing that order fulfillment is so iffy right now. Next time, I'll ask whether something is in stock and available to ship before I place the order. If not, I'll either wait to order or find an acceptable alternative.

Luckily everything i ordered last month came in and early form Callaway. I did expect a delay from the get so so it was a nice surprise when i got the call it was in.

Yes. I can't even count how many times I went and looked at the JAWS Full Toe wedges, but every time I built them out it showed 6-8 weeks wait. No thanks, not waiting that long for clubs, especially when I don't really *need* them and they're just a fun/luxury purchase. My Odyssey putter took 6 weeks, and honestly if I'd known it was going to take that long I probably would have either bought a SeeMore or stuck with my current putter.

No, but inflation / cost of living increases have.

No way, I think it’s going to be this way for the foreseeable future. I just bought a CLASSIC set on Craigslist for 50 bones until I wait for the new set.

For me this dilemma kind of feels like waiting just a little bit more to get the newer tech product. You wait for the new apex pros or JPX 922s and then once you finally receive them the newest year model comes out.

You’ll be happy when they finally get here!

Follow up question: What is a rationale expectation to receive an ordered item even if it was custom built?

Back