Has the delay in shipping from manufacturers turned you off from purchasing equipment this year?

It could affect my purchases.

I general trade in my old equipment for the new purchase, so if it’s going to be 8 weeks, that could mean not having clubs for much of the season. I would have to pass if that were the case.
I don't send in my trades until the new stuff arrives. That way you have a box for it :)

These delays are extremely frustrating. It times like this that being able to build you own clubs comes in handy. Not that I can, but if you can have the ability. You can just buy off the rack then pull things apart and put them back together how you want.

Maybe it’s time to learn and invest in some equipment.

I don't send in my trades until the new stuff arrives. That way you have a box for it :)
How does that work right now if most stuff is 8 weeks and they want the trade in within 30 days?

These delays are extremely frustrating. It times like this that being able to build you own clubs comes in handy. Not that I can, but if you can have the ability. You can just buy off the rack then pull things apart and put them back together how you want.

Maybe it’s time to learn and invest in some equipment.
Building clubs is not rocket science. Its pretty darn easy actually. Just really need a few items an a decent workspace really to get started. Plus there is always youtube haha

How does that work right now if most stuff is 8 weeks and they want the trade in within 30 days?
That's just the guaranteed value of the trade. I mean, if you're choosing between potentially losing some of the trade value, or not having any equipment for 4-6 weeks, I would choose the slightly lower trade in value.

Not a chance I would pay full retail for a club that I need to wait 8+ weeks for.
Last September I was fit into a TSi2 hybrid and the guy seemed surprised that I wasn't willing to pay full rack and then "maybe have it by March".

That's just the guaranteed value of the trade. I mean, if you're choosing between potentially losing some of the trade value, or not having any equipment for 4-6 weeks, I would choose the slightly lower trade in value.
Got ya I always thought it was 30 days or you lose it. Clearly I don't trade in a lot stuff haha

Got ya I always thought it was 30 days or you lose it. Clearly I don't trade in a lot stuff haha
Yeah it's been a while for me. I had to look back at email confirmations for the actual rules, since (Callaway in this case) doesn't explicitly say so on their website.

The long delays didn't turn me off from purchasing but they did end up pushing me in a direction I would not have gone in otherwise. I wanted to buy a new set of irons but even finding certain brands to demo was tough. Then I saw PXG with their great sale prices and fast shipping so I figured why not take a look. They were not on my radar before but after experiencing the great customer service at one of their stores and trying some of their clubs it was a done deal. I suspect that's a big reason for PXGs aggressive price cuts but even if it's not the end result of it all was I'm now a PXG customer and will be again in the future, all because the others couldn't get product.

Building clubs is not rocket science. Its pretty darn easy actually. Just really need a few items an a decent workspace really to get started. Plus there is always youtube haha

I have built a few things. Wedges mostly, but I would like to get a few more tools. Such as a shaft puller for graphite shafts and a swing weight scale.

I have built a few things. Wedges mostly, but I would like to get a few more tools. Such as a shaft puller for graphite shafts and a swing weight scale.
I was building my workspace about a year ago but I no longer have one right now. A shaft puller would be nice but I think a scale might be more useful if you are choosing one or the other.

I was building my workspace about a year ago but I no longer have one right now. A shaft puller would be nice but I think a scale might be more useful if you are choosing one or the other.

Interesting. I was thinking a puller so I could switch driver tips easily.

It’s dictated my purchases. If it’s not in stock/in hand I’m not wasting my time or money.
I didn’t take my own advice and tried to custom order a Titleist driver the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2021. Late January I was told at least another 90 days. I cancelled…

Then I ordered a PXG driver and had it in hand in less than a week. I’ll definitely be giving PXG the first look next time I need/want a new club.

Fortunately, I have a good shop 20 minutes down the road if I need quick work. Or I can go 45 minutes to Artisan and have them transform the set.

I’m not in the market anyways but I definitely would not pay up front then wait protracted times to have it in hand. No thanks.

I'm happy to say that Callaway boxes #2 and #3 have arrived (I am not home to see, but tracking says so).

So to summarize, Mexico to DC suburbs - order #3 - under 24 hours.
Texas to DC suburbs - order #2 (5.5 days)

Moral of the story - don't mess with Texas I guess.:rolleyes:

And order #1 - from shipping to arrival - 3.5 days (from same place in Mexico).

But, done.

i guess i'm lucky that the clubs i was thinking about replacing were all done late last year. maybe these supply chain issues will keep my ho'ing at an all-time low.

Just custom ordered LTDx irons from Cobra. Order placed 2/22/2022 (last Tuesday) and order received today. That's super fast considering the shipped FedEx ground from SoCal to Louisville, KY.

Just custom ordered LTDx irons from Cobra. Order placed 2/22/2022 (last Tuesday) and order received today. That's super fast considering the shipped FedEx ground from SoCal to Louisville, KY.
Awesome You'll kick butt in Myrtle

I ordered Ping i59 in Recoil SmacWrap 780 ES around Feb1 and they were here around Feb 21. Fast as greased lightning!:ROFLMAO:

Mizuno has a very popular iron offering and then were hit by outside sources. I can understand the delay.

I cancelled an order for I think the first time. They haven't had a great fall/winter. Couldn't sort out a hyphen, did a very early pre-order, then got ransomware attacked and while I get that, some orders that should have already been out without that aren't, so I moved on for now. It's all a mess, but just like .. can't remember who that chose his ball for the year because Bridgestone's weren't out yet, if you can't put them in people's hands they move on.

Last edited:

This is what I do as well. I work with the CS to understand actual build times and then ask the question on when they really need my clubs. In an honest conversation I was able to figure out what would cause a delay in building the clubs and when they really needed my other ones back to keep the same trade-in pricing etc.

I'm not buying anything anytime soon. The high prices and long delays are a deterrent. I order a set of irons last year and they said it would take 2 weeks and it took more like 6 weeks. My bag is pretty good right now.

I just canceled my order with Titleist because of it. I ordered irons back in early September & have yet to arrive. They say "Maybe" by summer. Nope .... by that time, I'll wait for the next series.

I'm into my 2 month waiting for my Lamkin full cord grips

Back