Has the internet made people too serious for April Fools Day?

MGS sent out an email this morning about LIV and PGA holding a match play tournament.

I saw today's date, and then I rolled my eyes so hard... didn't even bother clicking on the link.

Does that answer the question?

MGS sent out an email this morning about LIV and PGA holding a match play tournament.

I saw today's date, and then I rolled my eyes so hard... didn't even bother clicking on the link.

Does that answer the question?
I thought that was a good one 🤷‍♂️

1680365085658.jpeg

The world is not allowed to have fun anymore..

It’s hard for me to call a lot of what you are talking about serious. I would say people are thin skinned. Why? Not because they are serious but largely because they are preposterous and the acknowledgement of any humor about their position would make them in some small way admit their ideas are preposterous.
Part of it seems is that many people MUST be right (facts are irrelevant). If you disagree, and/or offer an alternative view, it's as if you ran over their dog and emptied their bank account, since their responses can be so vile.

I can't control what others do or say, but I can control how I react to it.

I think so too, but....

Callaway got me with their Paradym Carbon tee Twitter post this morning.
I completely forgot it was April 1 today and clicked into the link to see what it was all about.
DOH !

This one was well done

AF6198D9-0289-4C36-80E9-BE6C22E2D896.jpeg

With the way of the world today, there's a lot to be serious about.

However, everyone needs to have a laugh or a joke or something to lighten their day every now and then and I think that that is being lost to some extent.

ferrero.jpg

The world wants to be so serious and dramatic, has that prevalence on the internet ruined April fools?

I blame the late 90's ... that's when we began to stop having fun.

I’m now starting to think the internet saved April fools day :LOL:

I saw a ton of meat flavored protein powders on social today. I believed some of them for a second, maple breakfast sausage didn’t sound terrible lol.

This one was well done

I think there is a version of this ball coming for the pros to use when the ball rollback takes effect. The idea is the USGA will never know how far this ball ACTUALLY goes.

Why is April Fool’s any different from the rest of the fake news that gets spread like manure every day?

Why is April Fool’s any different from the rest of the fake news that gets spread like manure every day?
We should all start filling the comments sections with “Is it already April 1st again?”

I wish Trackman was playing an April Fools Day prank on me... but no.o_O

Tricking someone with a fake $1-million dollar scratch-off lottery ticket, or otherwise tricking someone into thinking they've won a huge lottery, is the worst prank of all. When someone did that to me, I was crushed... I mean crushed!

Too many people are wayyyyyy too sensitive nowadays 😲

Was looking for a new fairway cover and saw this. #triggerwarning

1680538157482.png

or at least think they should be.
Way too many people who spend all their time looking for things to be offended by. Such a sad way to go through life.

Way too many people who spend all their time looking for things to be offended by. Such a sad way to go through life.
Why are you attacking me? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It’s funny this thread was started because I came close to starting one. It just got a little odd this year compared to others.

Back