Has the internet made people too serious for April Fools Day?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The world wants to be so serious and dramatic, has that prevalence on the internet ruined April fools?

Are people too sensitive? Probably.

Does that stop the internet from doing amazing things in spite of those sissies? No!

Sometimes the misdirected outrage makes things like April fool's day all the better

Yeah. Someone will try to end your career and life over a joke these days

That is the most racist, closed minded comment I’ve ever heard. Having fun offends me!

The way some of social media is these days leads me to believe a lot of people believe April 1st is a 365 day per year event 😜.

Really? People who let the internet ruin their April fools day fun are quitters.

Nailed it. So many folks waiting in the shadow to just roast someone.

People are too serious and on edge a lot lately. Geeze people, smell the flowers, pet the kitties...yada, yada, yada. (y)

Last edited:
Oh no someone forgot to tell Callaway :LOL:

Life's too short!!
You gotta be able to laugh once in awhile even at yourself!

All of the nonsense in the world makes a site and community like this all that more special. Don't ever forget that.

But I wanted some Paradym Tees!

100 % agree , the greatest / simplistic pleasure is the ability to laugh with others and at yourself ….. my country makes it a art form …. The over sensitivity and need to feel affronted by everything …. Makes for a very boring existence …

smile have a nice day ) you may just get a few more back

It’s hard for me to call a lot of what you are talking about serious. I would say people are thin skinned. Why? Not because they are serious but largely because they are preposterous and the acknowledgement of any humor about their position would make them in some small way admit their ideas are preposterous.

Not sure the Internet is the main or only cause.

There’s so much garbage on the internet nowadays and people trying to pass off stupid false crap as real that April 1 is just another day online.

I think so too.

April Fool's Day has all but disappeared. Or at least, I don't think it's fun anymore.

Haha. It’s maybe like golf equipment. Everyone knows what is coming before it is even released. Surprises are ruined.

Back