Have any Golf Hitting Net Suggestions, Comments, Reviews?

CMedina84

Reaction score
Handicap
8-12
Hi All - I want/need/must have a golf hitting net. Anyone got any suggestions? The range I work at, he gave me a few of the practice hitting mats, so now I just need to find a nice reliable hitting net so I can keep my swing loose and game tuned during the winter. Lets admit it, before we know it that time of year where the temperature starts to dip will be here before we know it. Any thoughts? #WinterIsComing

Net return.
Period.

Heavy Duty, works as advertised, and gives feedback.

Hands down the best IMO

How's the durability and overall quality of it? I'm not a strong 300 yard hitter so I feel like I shouldn't have any issues.

Havent had any issues whatsover and the ball returns nice and easy every time.

Net return.
Period.

Heavy Duty, works as advertised, and gives feedback.

Hands down the best IMO

How is it hitting irons off the mat, does it have some give? I getting ready to move and I need a good practice net. I watched the video, does it really give good feedback on hooks and slices? That would be perfect for me.

net return or rukk net, if you want the ball to roll back to you. The callaway 6' and 8' ones are good to if you want a cheaper option, although the balls don't get returned to you with those.

I myself have a callaway net, with a fairway pro divot simulator mat. I hit real, and almost golf balls into it, and use a 3bays gsa for swing analysis, as well as v1. I'm looking into cheaper simulator options (not optishot). But until then I play tiger with my kinect on my xbox. Works great, although it's a arcade game, not a simulator, so it's just for fun.

If you have a spot to keep the mat/net up all winter, you can buy a 10' x 12' mesh tarp from harbor freight for $30. I strung one up in the second floor of my garage with a blanket behind it and bashed a few hundred drives into it last winter with no issue.

I also used one of the Monster Tee mats and love it. If the mats you got from the range are too hard or worn out, look into one.

edit: vvv
I hate nets. Good way to groove a bad swing. JMO of course.
Last year (my first full year of golfing) I hit a fade with my irons that tailed off and seemed to not go as far as it should based on my swing speed. Then over the winter I spent a bunch of time hitting into the net just to work on making good contact, not trying to change anything. When the snow melted and I went to the range for the first time this spring, I was hitting draws and gained almost 2 clubs in distance... So nets can sometimes groove a good swing too! Odds are it was just dumb luck in my case though heh.

Last edited:
I hate nets. Good way to groove a bad swing. JMO of course.

Back