Have you ever played with a Tour Pro? What was the experience like?

Played two rounds with Joel Skarbo. He just missed a few regional US Open qualifiers by a stroke. Currently a Ping Rep here in Washington. The ball made a different sound when he hit it. Hit his 5 iron further than I hit my driver. Great guy as well.

I have.

I used to golf in a league with Steve Wheatcroft’s dad. Was a good buddy. Played with him a few times as he bounced between the Web.com and PGA Tour. So damn good.
Funny you mention Steve…he lives down here and my wife is friends with his wife.

I played 9 holes with Jordan Spieth when he was in high school.

Obviously at the time I didn’t know he would become a tour pro
You played with Gavin

Only a few top ranked amateur and a Walker Cup Participant @GavinwithaR1

I played a couple times with a fellow named Noah in NY, who had been in qualifiers for tour events. What I remember that was remarkable, is the effortless power he displayed all day on every single shot. All his drives looked like a plane taking off, soaring high, far and straight. His stellar play and calm demeanor affected my game in a positive way during those rounds.

I played in a pro am at the Epson tour stop at Mission Inn.

At a charity scramble event years ago, they had tour players hit tee shots with each foursomes on a par 3 hole. That’s my only experience playing with a tour player. The players were Blaine McCallister, Ed Fiori and Laura Diaz.

Have not. Have met a couple never played.

There is a guy at my club that played on Korn Ferry for a couple of years. He doesn’t hit it terribly far but incredibly straight. And his 100 yard in game and putting are lights out good. It’s cool to play with him and see how good someone can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I’m extremely lucky to be able to regularly play with a former Schwab Cup/current Champions Tour player, a PGA & KF Tour player along with a European Tour player. This has also granted me to ability to play with their friends who are former tournament and major winners.

Years ago I played along with a contractor who was getting a 9 hole playing lesson being given by Peter Oosterhuis. He played his own ball and casually scored 2 under for 9 holes. Every drive straight, every approach on the green, and great putting. It was a revelation how easy this game can be.

Back