Have you spent more than $100,000 on golf?

$100,000 on golf?

• No way

Votes: 52 66.7%
  • Yes way

Votes: 26 33.3%

• Total voters
I’m probably too frugal to have done that yet.

Not yet but I hope to play long enough and be crazy enough to get there

I'm not interested in doing this math.

Easily. 45 years to do it.
.. Hell my irons around 1993 were $1500 or so, but the set was 12 clubs 1-10 pw & sw. That would be over 3 grand today. But I played a LOT. Still expensive but they were worth every penny.

Not yet but I'm working that way

Yes easily, been playing for 25 years and better membership, equipment, balls, food, transportation, golf trips, lessons, apparel/shoes, etc I have annually on average exceeded $4K CAD.

Yes but I’ve been playing for 45 years and most of the last 25 years I’ve taken a guys golf trip that included airfare and hotels so those easily can be $3,000 trips. I’ve played about 4,500 rounds so if I averaged $22 per round, greens fees alone hit the $100k figure.

My brain tends to operate from an opportunity cost/investment angle and for that I would have had to spend only $12 a month since I started playing for present value to be over $100k. Not enough to cover golf balls. :)

IMG_0322.jpeg

Last edited:
Nope.
Only been playing 13 years and I probably average $1,000- $1,500 per year.

My (2) course memberships are cheap and I play other courses during off-season. Equipment is inexpensive (I buy a couple new clubs every year). Launch monitor and practice “facilities” were built without a lot of initial cost.

This game can be less expensive than some think and I’d take my version of poverty golf over just about any other option… well, maybe spend a lot more on lessons. :unsure:

Easily. Between muni fees early on, equipment over the years, golf vacations and later private club initiation and monthly dues it adds up quick!

Back