15 Handicap

Reaction score
Handicap
I picked up a set of these babies from the Superstore and I gotta say they are really nice clubs. Yes they make ski's and tennis rackets. Anyone else go for them?

I didn't know they made clubs. I'll have to take a look at them. I've owned their tennis rackets and they seemed decent enough.

Bump

Just because they make skis and tennis rackets don’t mean they can’t be great clubs! After all, Mitsubishi makes cars, Wilson makes jock straps, and Kirkland makes toilet paper!

Just because they make skis and tennis rackets don’t mean they can’t be great clubs! After all, Mitsubishi makes cars, Wilson makes jock straps, and Kirkland makes toilet paper!
Technically they don’t make golf equipment, it’s a company called Powerbuilt.

Technically they don’t make golf equipment, it’s a company called Powerbuilt.
Back in the day Powerbuilt made some nice enough clubs, and were fairly popular.. My buddy gamed H&B (Like the baseball company, Hillerich & Bradsby Powerbuilt Citations which were a wing back blade. I didn't care for them, they were too harsh (stainless, not carbon steel) but different strokes for different folks. But they made some really, really nice persimmon woods.
Powerbuit. But H&B doesn't own Powerbuilt any more. Like many of the old school companies the ones that remain have either quit the golf business ( IE Browning) or have pretty much disappeared, like Lynx which had good market penetration for GI irons in the 80's and now are supposedly still made, but I haven't seen one in decades. Not that I ever played them but you sure saw them around.

Lot od old s

I like their tennis rackets but never tried their clubs

like Lynx which had good market penetration for GI irons in the 80's and now are supposedly still made, but I haven't seen one in decades
They are in the UK, and don't really have a US presence. Golfsmith used to own the brand name back in the day.

My co-worker is extremely proud of the Powerbilt golf set he bought from Menards almost 10 years ago. HE's left handed and was amazed they had a left hand golf set at a home improvement store. The driver lasted him one year, face collapsed in teeing off one day, so he plays an old TaylorMade Burner driver.

His putter head fell off about a year ago from the set, so I went on Amazon and bought him a new Powerbilt putter on Amazon for like 20 dollars (black Friday sale or something).

The stuff is cheap. Id definitely look at the kids stuff if they start showing more interest.

Back