julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
In an hour and a half...Anyone want to call it?

Bradford

it will be Bradford. However it would not have mattered how good Tebow would have played. The voters dont want to mess with history. But McCoy and Bradford could split some Big 12 votes.

Tebow's stats were a fraction of Bradfords... Harrell should have been invited over him.

Not combined TD's. And look at the conference defenses. In my mind, I think McCoy should win it based on play. SI thought McCoy also.

You all are prob right about Bradford, there's a chance for an upset. Good point about Graham, although I'm sure he was considered. Maybe they didn't want a Big 12 bias?

This will be the first I watch the show (if I watch it). Is it worth the viewing?

Not really Julie. It is actually fairly bland. THP is much more fun.

Tebow........Playing for the natoinal championship

So is Bradford.

if McCoy wins, wonder if he'll change his mind about playing his senior year?

if McCoy wins, wonder if he'll change his mind about playing his senior year?

He's quoted in the Austin-American Statesman paper saying up and down that he'll be playing next year. You're never certain, though he pretty much seems to be. Tebow played again (of course).

McCoy meant more to his team than either of the other players. In addition to setting the all-time NCAA record for pass completion at 77.6%, he also led the team in rushing.

Harrell is the product of a system. Just like every other run & shoot/run & gun type QB where running plays are rare, his stats look amazing. But name 1 QB from those systems that was able to succeed at the next level. Andre Ware? David Klingler? Timmy Chang? Colt Brennan? Plus, Harrell's statistics were bolstered by Michael Crabtree's talents.

45-35

I think you meant Timmy Chang. And Tebow meant a lot to his team.

I think you meant Timmy Chang.

Fixed. Thanks.

And Tebow meant a lot to his team.

No question. In fact, I would put him ahead of Bradford. But Tebow didn't have the same kind of year that McCoy had. Leading the team in rushing and setting the all time mark for QB accuracy is incredibly compelling. Also, Florida's loss with Tebow at the Helm was to a 2-2, unranked team (Ole Miss).

45-35

Agreed. I think Mccoy should win it. Like I said earlier. I like that kid, he has some series game.

Agreed. I think Mccoy should win it. Like I said earlier. I like that kid, he has some series game.

Unfortunately, I think Bradford will probably win it because of the blow-out of Tech. (Which I have problems with too. Mack Brown always took out his starters when the game was won - even in the A&M game when he knew the margin of victory might sway voters. Respect for the other team, the game, and his own players. Bob Stoops always runs up the score.)

45-35

Spoken like a true Texas fan.

Pretty confident it will be Bradford. Although Tebow and McCoy are also very deserving.

McCoy meant more to his team than either of the other players. In addition to setting the all-time NCAA record for pass completion at 77.6%, he also led the team in rushing.

Harrell is the product of a system. Just like every other run & shoot/run & gun type QB where running plays are rare, his stats look amazing. But name 1 QB from those systems that was able to succeed at the next level. Andre Ware? David Klingler? Timmy Chang? Colt Brennan? Plus, Harrell's statistics were bolstered by Michael Crabtree's talents.

45-35

I won't disagree one bit... but... the same could be said about Tebow last year. Why hasn't it?

Colleges are all about systems. Heck the Big12 teams just point up high points all year in every game. Do you think there are just that many fantastic QB's or is it about systems and lack of defense?

Colleges are all about systems. Heck the Big12 teams just point up high points all year in every game. Do you think there are just that many fantastic QB's or is it about systems and lack of defense?

I think we will find out after the bowl games.

Yup, Tebow said he can't wait to play that Big 12 defense. I hope OU puts a beating on him.

I have always wondered how college kids afford $2K suits.

Back