Hello from Central Florida

CStables

Reaction score
Handicap
Good evening fellow golfers. I recently picked up a set of clubs my Dad passed down to me, and have been bitten by the golf bug. I have 4 young kids though, so I don't get much time to play. The good thing about living in Florida and playing golf is that I can play year round.

The clubs my Dad passed down are old Technique Golf G2 clubs, so I have been thinking of upgrading once I get more time to play. This past weekend I was digging through my parents storage shed and found bag of clubs in there and to my surprise there was a TaylorMade RBZ stage 2 driver, aeroburner rescue hybrid, Cleveland Tour Action irons and a 56* wedge, and an Odyssey #9 white hot pro putter in there. I was very pleased with my find and will now be updating my bag. The clubs have minimal use on the face, but some rust spots from being kept in a shed. Does any one know of a good way to remove the rust from these clubs?

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome

Welcome

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! You may want to try some very fine steel wool on the heads, like grade 0000. I always used that on my drum hardware to remove rust.

Welcome to the forum & game, sorry for your loss.

Light surface rust can be removed using "0000" steel wool or Scotch Bright (SB) pads available @ the auto parts store. The SB pads come in two grades & cost around $1.00+ each, get both. I use them to clean my irons after each round. The pads will remove rust, debris & small scratches. The SB pads clean easier & faster than the steel wool.

Since ur clubs have been in storage you may want to rejuvenate the grips. I use very hot water, Dawn dish soap & a scrub brush. Simply scrub wash, rinse & repeat until the grip sticky returns, then towel dry. There are many methods to rejuv the grips with various products if the Dawn soap method isnt satisfactory.

I resided in the Sebring/Avon Park area for 12 yrs., lots of really nice courses for reasonable fees in that part of Fla..

Good luck!

/S

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Hello and welcome!

Back