Hello from the Austin Area

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! if you wanna travel over to Houston for a round let me know! The wife and I may try to make a trip this year out to Austin to play some of the club corp courses. Let me know if you have any recommendations.

I'm looking to make a trip that way to visit my Grandmother in the Woodlands and want to try and play a few times. Hoping to get on to play Champions with a relative. I will reach out when I do.

I'm looking to make a trip that way to visit my Grandmother in the Woodlands and want to try and play a few times. Hoping to get on to play Champions with a relative. I will reach out when I do.
yeah, let me know. should be able to get us on some of the Club Corp course up there. Some nice courses up that way!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP! Congrats on the cap! Good luck getting it even lower!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!

:welcome: Happy to have you with us, sir!

Great intro & welcome to THP! Glad to have you!

Welcome to thp!

I've been lurking here for a few months and signed up a about a month ago but never got around to posting until now. I have been amazed by the stories, information, and discussions I have read here and look forward to contributing.

A little about my golf journey.

I played occasionally with my parents and granddad as a kid. I remember playing a muni course with some friends around my freshman year of high school and got the bug. I bought my first real set of clubs about a year later with money earned from mowing yards and started to play more with my dad taking advantage of twilight rates. I was lucky in college that my dad's cousins were part owners in a course and I was able to play for free for helping out occasionally edging overgrown bunkers.

After college I went through some ups and downs on how much I played but probably got in 10-20 rounds per year inluding the occasional charity scramble that I would get invited to. I upgraded my first set of irons to a set of Cobra S3's and started to focus a little more on my game and finally got a GHIN around 2014. I moved to the Austin area about 5 years ago and joined the club my parents joined a couple years earlier. There are a ton of great guys to play with and they have a very active MGA. This was the start of my playing in small money games, MGA tournaments, and improving my handicap. I came in around a 12-14 and was able to get down to a 7-8.

About 2 years ago I was assigned as an ambassador for a college senior who's parents joined as I was the youngest single member at the club. He competed in a lot of amatuer events in Texas and was by the best player I had ever played. We quickly became good friends and play together all the time. He has really pushed me to elevate my game. 2019 was by far my best year of golf. I really hit my stride in late May and in the month of June lowered my handicap from a 7.2 on the 1st to a 3.6 on July 1st. I got down to a 2.9 and am hoping 2020 will continue an amazing 2019 of improving and making new friends in the game of golf.

Sorry for the long post.

No apology needed. Welcome to THP! And congrats on lowering you HC - that is an insane amount in such a short time (from what I've heard, anyway). Well done!

Welcome!! Look forward to hearing what you have to say. Sounds like you will fit right in with the rest of is golf nuts.

No apology needed. Welcome to THP! And congrats on lowering you HC - that is an insane amount in such a short time (from what I've heard, anyway). Well done!

Thanks! I always struck the ball well with good club speed from growing up playing baseball. I had an over the top swing that would rear up with the dreaded slice. At my home course that means out of bounds and houses so I had to learn to play a draw and it has made a huge difference now that it had come together.

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone! I’m so glad I decided to quit lurking and become active. There is such a wealth of information and great stories from so many of you.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP

Back