D-Rock

Reaction score
Handicap
scary
Just thought I'd introduce myself. D-Rock was a nickname given to me by a buddy in college. I played golf occasionally during high school and college, but didn't starting playing regularly until I graduated from college.

A few other facts about myself:
-I'm newly married (4 months).
-I have a twin sister (I also have a little sister).
-I'm a huge sports fans.

Welcome to THP. Contest going on tonight so many are on the same thread. But jump right in and have fun.

Welcome to THP D-Rock. You picked a night to come in where the other threads are a little slow because of the contest!

He D Rock, have fun and enjoy your marriage.

Welcome aboard D-Rock, sounds like you'll fit in just nicely! Congrats on the marriage!

Welcome. You will love this place.

D-Rock, you came on a night where they're giving away a putter, so everyone's here burning time as each name is drawn...hope you feel amply welcomed you lucky!

D-Rock, you came on a night where they're giving away a putter, so everyone's here burning time as each name is drawn...hope you feel amply welcomed you lucky!

Once you hit 20 posts you will be eligible for our next big contest in February where we will be giving away the brand new OGIO Edge golf bag.

Thanks everybody! You guys are pretty quick responders. I fill in my profile information and already nearly 10 responses!

I see something I don't like though D-Rock . . . a K-State fan? lol

I see something I don't like though D-Rock . . . a K-State fan? lol

I'm also a KSU alumni. I'm going to assume you're a KU fan (my twin is a KU alumna). Big game tomorrow. I can't wait, should be exciting.

Where are you located at D-Rock? I don't mind if you're a K-Stater, although with Snyder coming back it could become a problem again.lol

Well, my mon was, so I am by default. Loved last year's March Madness!

I am actually a Pitt State grad.

So, where in Kansas are you? I am in KCK, and there are a bunch of us from this general area.

I'm located in Wichita. I grew up in central Kansas, so I don't mind it here. I do enjoy visiting friends/family in Kansas City though.

I was born in Wichita. Get down that way once or twice a year on the way to Dodge City (or back from Dodge City, we usually take 70 one way and 35 the other).

Isn't that Colbert course in Wichita?

Colbert Hills? That's in Manhattan, I got a chance to play there in a scramble last year. I thought it was a fun course.

I'm not sure I would consider any of the Wichita courses very well known. However, Prairie Dunes and Cottonwood Hills (new Nick Faldo course) are located near Hutchinson, KS.

Colbert Hills? That's in Manhattan, I got a chance to play there in a scramble last year. I thought it was a fun course.

I'm not sure I would consider any of the Wichita courses very well known. However, Prairie Dunes and Cottonwood Hills (new Nick Faldo course) are located near Hutchinson, KS.

Aw yeah, got a little confused. I went to Wichita once in July, it must have been like 120*. That would feel so good right now,lol
I've heard of Prairie Dunes before, where do you normally play?

Prairie Dunes has held both the U.S. Senior Open and the Women's U.S. Open in the past 5 years or so. I would say it's the most well known in the area. However, it's a private course. I've never played there, but think it would probably eat me for lunch.

I usually just play the City municipal courses (there's five of them) and the golf course at Wichita State University (Braeburn G.C.). Occasionally, I'll venture out of Wichita and play some of the courses in nearby communities.

Back