Help me pick my new irons.

Flowmosapien

i play golf
Reaction score
Handicap
About a couple months ago I traded in my Ping G25s for Ttleist cb's. Big mistake. I loved the way the titleist felt at the store bot when I got them out on the course they were just too hard to hit. I loved how easy the Pings were to hit but they just did't feel right. Unfortunately theres no places to get fit around me. I want something thats easy to hit, feels good and not too chunky. I have an average swing speed and my miss is always a hook or a top. Thanks.

Bridgestone DPC J40 is your answer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Adams CB3 if you have to buy name brand

Pick up a set of used Ping I3+ irons. You can find them fairly cheap and they feel like a million bucks...Not to mention they're solid on mishits.

But in reality, you have to get some demos and hit them on a real range. That's the only way to get real feel for irons.

Try some jpx irons

I was dead set on g25s but got my eyes open big time

There's a decent chance most people are going to suggest their gamers. I'm no exception: RocketBladez.

Mizuno ez forged.

Idea...go for the Cobra AMP Cell Pro's but, only PW-6 and take a 5 & 4 from the AMP Cell line.

Bridgestone DPC J40 is your answer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

these are a big favorite here by several guys.

Try some jpx irons

I was dead set on g25s but got my eyes open big time

My brother just ordered the JPX 825 Pro's yesterday. Can't wait to try them once they get here.

I just got the Cobra Amp Cells and I am really enjoying playing with these irons. I came from a really old Adams GI set and wish I had upgraded much sooner.

Tons of review threads on THP that can pretty much answer any question that you have. Good luck with the selection.

Ping i20's? Not as large as the G25's, but almost as easy to hit.

The XHot's are on sale now. And they are without a doubt the easiest irons I've hit since my I5's several years ago.

About a couple months ago I traded in my Ping G25s for Ttleist cb's. Big mistake. I loved the way the titleist felt at the store bot when I got them out on the course they were just too hard to hit. I loved how easy the Pings were to hit but they just did't feel right. Unfortunately theres no places to get fit around me. I want something thats easy to hit, feels good and not too chunky. I have an average swing speed and my miss is always a hook or a top. Thanks.

Have you tried the Mizuno JPX 825 pros? If available, get on their shaft optimizer and I think you'll find them to be just what you're looking for...

I've got Ping G10's, and earlier in the year went to Golfsmith for a fitting, intent on upgrading to G25's. After hitting balls with a fitter watching and using the monitors, we determined there was zero difference for me. I also like the way the G10's looked compared to the G25's. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Pings are EASY to hit.

I have last year's Rocketballz irons and love them. G25s are on sale, so if you really loved them, that's probably not a bad way to go, especially since you already know which color you need. I demoed X-Hots and really liked those too. Amp Cells are really nice and marked way down now. there's lots of good options out there if you're confident that you can hit off-the-shelf clubs without much issue.

X Hots!

another vote for the jpx 825s here.....i freakin love mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As you can see you're gonna get a ton of different suggestions. You gotta find some that are in your budget and just go test a bunch of different ones. It's really gonna come down to what works for you.

Please explain.

I went to my fitting with my heart dead set on G25s. After hitting everything in the store the jpx flat out performed better for me. The g25 was actually the worse. I20 was second best club for me

As you can see you're gonna get a ton of different suggestions. You gotta find some that are in your budget and just go test a bunch of different ones. It's really gonna come down to what works for you.

Bingo. Man go get fit. If your buying the clubs it's free in most places

I went to my fitting with my heart dead set on G25s. After hitting everything in the store the jpx flat out performed better for me. The g25 was actually the worse. I20 was second best club for me

Thanks for that follow up. Which model did you get?

I'm thinking about getting a set of RBZ max. Anyone using them who could give me some info?

.........Mizuno JPX line and be sure to get fitted with the right shaft, you will love them!

Back