Help pick a shaft for XXIO X driver

Tracking finally says today. After it spent 9 days in the Nashville sorting department.

Hopefully after that ordeal they arrived in one piece

Long time coming but this was put together today1799F8F4-47A4-4DD5-8595-113D3C777358.jpeg

Long time coming but this was put together todayView attachment 8967161
Any news on this project? I know it was thrown back because of the mail issue. Love to hear your thoughts. Fortunately for me the stock shaft works great for me....but I love the Smoke Yellow. That thing is a beast.

Any news on this project? I know it was thrown back because of the mail issue. Love to hear your thoughts. Fortunately for me the stock shaft works great for me....but I love the Smoke Yellow. That thing is a beast.

I wish. I've been bedridden all week battling some pneumonia. Feeling a little better after some urgent Care med swaps on Friday. So hopefully next weekend Ill be able to walk more than 10 feet without gasping for air and we can see what this bad boy can do.

I wish. I've been bedridden all week battling some pneumonia. Feeling a little better after some urgent Care med swaps on Friday. So hopefully next weekend Ill be able to walk more than 10 feet without gasping for air and we can see what this bad boy can do.
Geez, hope you’re feeling better soon. No rush, just interested.

Thanks. I'm super interested myself and really want to get some swings in with it.

I am still looking forward to how this comes out in the spring. The Yellow Smoke is one of my favorite shafts and I think you will be hitting some lunar shots when you get a chance.

I am still looking forward to how this comes out in the spring. The Yellow Smoke is one of my favorite shafts and I think you will be hitting some lunar shots when you get a chance.

I am too. I can say in the round that got played with it I was pretty impressed with the ball flight. The head sits pretty neutral to my eye which was a big difference from the XXIO 9 and XXIO Eleven driver. Also once the holidays are done and things get settled back down over here, I should be able to get my garage setup back in action to see if we can grab some off-season numbers.

Bringing this thread back from the dead as this driver is the one currently in play.

The season started over the weekend with no range activity in 2021, no warm-up, straight to the first tee. Two practice swings to try and get my back to crack and here we go. First hole is a very slight bend to left in anything. Had some low contact, but surprisingly the ball still jumped out there and stayed in the right side of the fairway setting up an easy two-putt par for the year. Next drive was a big old draw where I started over the right side of the fairway and hung on to the left side of it. Overall two good drives to start the day. For me the biggest test was the 3rd hole which has the tee pushed back against the tree line, and requires a fade because a draw, or my draw, misses that FW left every time. There is no room to start the ball to the right, only to the left. Anyone who knows me knows this is a tough shot. Much to my surprise, I pulled it off with no issue and got plenty of distance. I'd call it my drive of the day. Really night mid-high flight started left and worked back to the right side. I tried to fade it a couple of more times, 1 worked well, the other was the old double-cross.

What I see out of this shaft and head combo though is probably somewhere in the mid-launch window, which for me is good, I'm usually on the high side. I'm pretty excited to get back out with it. So far THPers have made a good choice. I do need to change the grip though, the crossline that's on there just feels too thick.

Bringing this thread back from the dead as this driver is the one currently in play.

The season started over the weekend with no range activity in 2021, no warm-up, straight to the first tee. Two practice swings to try and get my back to crack and here we go. First hole is a very slight bend to left in anything. Had some low contact, but surprisingly the ball still jumped out there and stayed in the right side of the fairway setting up an easy two-putt par for the year. Next drive was a big old draw where I started over the right side of the fairway and hung on to the left side of it. Overall two good drives to start the day. For me the biggest test was the 3rd hole which has the tee pushed back against the tree line, and requires a fade because a draw, or my draw, misses that FW left every time. There is no room to start the ball to the right, only to the left. Anyone who knows me knows this is a tough shot. Much to my surprise, I pulled it off with no issue and got plenty of distance. I'd call it my drive of the day. Really night mid-high flight started left and worked back to the right side. I tried to fade it a couple of more times, 1 worked well, the other was the old double-cross.

What I see out of this shaft and head combo though is probably somewhere in the mid-launch window, which for me is good, I'm usually on the high side. I'm pretty excited to get back out with it. So far THPers have made a good choice. I do need to change the grip though, the crossline that's on there just feels too thick.

I need to see this is action. So when are we playing

Hi I broke the shaft in my xx10 black like yours. I have similar hit patterns with the high launch etc. Which shaft did you opt for, I am looking at the Hzardous yellow that many recommend.

Hi I broke the shaft in my xx10 black like yours. I have similar hit patterns with the high launch etc. Which shaft did you opt for, I am looking at the Hzardous yellow that many recommend.
In that head I ended up going with HZRDUS yellow.

Back