Hi fom N. Myrtle Beach!!!!

Grand Stranded

Keep grinding… you never know
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi everyone, this is my first post, but I've been following this site for so long, I feel like I know so many of you already! I play to just under a 14. I moved down from Long Island 5 years ago to a golf community in N. Myrtle Beach. We have 4 courses, a Dye, Norman, Fazio, and Davis Love. Until recently we had a Callaway Performance Center on site, so I have mostly play their clubs, except for a Seemore putter and two TM speedblade hybrids. Hoping to get some insight from others who have already gone thru the change I'm making to my bag. At 62, I realize I'm older then most of you, but I'm hoping there are more then a few Baby Boomers who might be have also gone down a shaft flex recently who can tell me how it worked out for them. I was fit over a year ago into Apex cf16 irons, w Recoil 660 f3, and GBB w/KK reg driver and 3 wood. A few weeks ago, I demoed the new Steelheads, and was surprised to see a gain of 1 club using senior flex shafts. One thing I've learned from this site is how to wheel and deal when it comes to buying clubs, so I was able to duplicate my entire bag (except the wedges (MD3 w/recoil f3) with senior flex. So far it's worked well with the top of my bag, but I'm really concerned about how it will affect the accuracy of my irons, which were delivered yesterday. BTW, Forgot how gorgeous the cf16's are when new!!! Thanks for reading, sorry I ran on a bit...

Welcome to THP.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP! Sounds like you live at Barefoot. Ive spent many a family vacation at Cherry Grove beach. Love it there.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP! I need to get back down to Myrtle

Welcome to THP!!!

:welcome: I haven't gone down a flex, so don't know what to tell you, but I'm sure someone with more shaft knowledge than I have will be able to assist.

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct! It is a really cool place to live... I feel like I'm on a really long golf trip. LOL

Welcome to THP!

Welcome. Of the 4 courses at Barefoot, what is your favorite? I have played both the Love and Norman courses.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

They're all good, but if I had to choose, I would go Dye, Fazio, Norman, then Love. I put Love behind Norman only because there are a few holes that always seem to get me. It's like a recurring nightmare. LOL

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP! Glad you joined, and looking forward to hearing how the shaft change works for you!

Oh, and check out the Albatross Club here on the site. Great cause, and worth every penny!

Welcome!

Hello and welcome!

Back