Hi from Littlestone a Top 100 UK

Linksgolf

Reaction score

Thought I would introduce myself, I’m new to this forum.

I’ve returned back to golf after a 10 year break and I’m loving my golf again.
10 years ago life got in the way and I gave up golf lock stock. Never played again, but I never sold my clubs. Then lockdown happened and I was thinking I could really get back into golf. So when we were allowed out again I went up the range and was swinging good. When I left golf I played off 5.6. So I knew how to knock it round.

I was hooked again…. So with my 10 year old

Callaway FT 5 driver
Callaway steelhead 3 wood
Ft hybrid 19 degree
Callaway X-forged irons
Taylormade Z wedges.
The ones where you could replace the faces.
And my trust Scotty studio design gunmetal putter I got back on the course.
Littlestone has 2 links course a par 67 with amazing greens but it’s short, ideal for getting back into the game. Played ok!! But there was a lot of rust so Thursday evenings I took myself off to the range just find the Center of my clubs and it was going ok, so I had a friend that is a golf pro. So I organised a few lessons just to get things right.

Used there chipping greens before I had my lessons just generally ever min I had free hitting shots then…… Hitting long irons I pull my side muscles boom!! Out for 8 weeks honestly it killed me. So after about 4 weeks I could putt so I went used there putting green after work and things like that. Just playing. I did a lot of putting. but honestly it was a good thing I was always a good putter but this really helped.

I started playing again it aches but I was playing and I started breaking 80 then 75 so I thought it was time to get some new clubs.
So my current clubs are:

Cobra RAD Driver 8 degree
Cobra RAD 3 wood 14 degree
Cobra RAD Hybrid 19 degree
Callaway MB18 project X 4-pw
Mizuno T20 50, 54, 58

Same putter in near mint condition, but have a new scotty concept x9.5.

So this week I handed in my 3 card for handicap and I was given +0.5. Which made me laugh I am playing around 5ish. But I had a 2 over round and 5 over round and a hard course. So the WHS gave me a low handicap.

Littlestone main course is a top 100 course and is currently going under a little renovation it’s having some new bunkers and extending some tees. I love this course about 5 days a year your get a still day. The rest of the week the wind blows off the English Channel.

Littlestone golf course is a natural links which means they only water the greens and tee boxes. During the summer. The fairways back solid and you can hit a stinger and the ball don’t stop rolling.

The 7th has a ditch at just over 400yards and if you hit a left flushed driver you can roll it in that ditch in the hight of the summer. You cannot fly it to the pin the greens are to hard and fast. Winter they play around 9-10 in the summer they shimmer at you and tease you to have a go. You play a lot of chip and runs and try not to get down hill putts.

I honestly am loving golf again and happy to be around like minded people.

0130b7dcdb10c887c8a1588b83cfffdd.jpg

bd38d1c91bbdcaa71304184d6ed3510c.jpg

c18239de01ea713bab5368a96c957cd4.jpg

fcf73c5301b550e3bc982afd56a86e82.jpg

6 feet deep playing to out to a narrow upturn saucer green the other side is 6ft shaved grass so it won’t hold up it will just roll down into the rough.

239ed4d3708e981b1104cc63f3b7b5ff.jpg

b7f788539be46b7168204f3947cf22a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great intro!! Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Your course is beautiful. Welcome aboard, glad you've joined us.

I am very lucky to play here. It’s a qualifier course for the open at Royal St Georges.

:welcome:

Welcome! I recently read about your course and town in Tom Coyne's A Course Called Scotland where he begins in the southeast of England. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

As I said there is quite a bit of Reno I will get more pictures. They are extending the 5th par 5 to about 580 yards. Don’t forget in the uk it’s cold so the ball doesn’t travel as far. Also the 9th to about 200 yards loads of new bunkers. They are filling in the old 1888 bunkers as technology has made them useless really.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! Enjoyed reading your intro!

Thanks for the welcome I will keep you updated.

Welcome to THP, glad to have you! Great intro, your home club looks like a beautiful and interesting course to play!

Welcome Aboard

Well according to golf world it is 67 best in England and I think with the changes it will be better. I will get some more pictures.

Welcome to THP….luv the Scottie!

Great intro and :welcome:! More pics please!

Welcome aboard. Love a links member. Enjoy

Ripped a few more off my phone. I’m standing on the mens tee, the one in front is the ladies and junior tee.
17th par 3. It’s 175 yards front of the tee nr 200 back of this tee. Depends on wind you can hit lob wedge to driver. DO NOT GO LONG.

That 17th pot bunker has just been re done to 1ft taller and the edge is just crip. Your in it our out of it. It won’t just hold on the edge. If it does mark it before the wind rolls it in.

53d17fa70f58ba76305f44ab0bc8976d.jpg

2692d49765f27ae060ee96314efee02b.jpg

Lob wedge to the sea…

6c63c4dfa3e9b4abf4bef3a45f0aa527.jpg

This is the edge of the 5th. The edges just roll off into long rough. This is one of the holes that’s being extended now. To about 580 yards. There is no straight putt.

60dd41f98413863f8f726f6c6ef0af5e.jpg

I will take some Tuesday morning it’s ment to be misty so photos will look good.

Playing 36 holes Tuesday

Welcome to THP!!!

Got my first comp of the year. Winter league type thing… 4 rounds over 3 months best score wins.

The par 3 17th the bunkers is twice my height im 5ft 9.

abb8978e558a865e6774dfcf1b943d5d.jpg

Where they have cut all that grass don’t worry it will grow back to knee height.

New bunker framing off the 3rd tee. It’s only 100 yards away but it’s quite intimidating as that’s all you can see off the tee.
bee5c23805030ad98ca424c7bf2de48f.jpg

763129124de2ba03a7fc0af6567bb6af.jpg

Yep massive I can’t wait until all this is done. Phase 1 nearly done. Phase 2 later in the year. Then phase 3 I think next year.

Back