shiney28

Reaction score
Looking forward to contributing to the forum, the first thing I’m hoping is my signature graphics have appeared correctly, all will be revealed when I hit send!.
In regards to my bag set up, I can see how others may view me as a Titleist fan boy. If you bear with me I’ll explain how this came about. I first went to a full bag of Titleist early in 2013, buying in to their 2 year cycle of club release was one of the main reasons initially, as prior to that I would get sucked into changing components of my bag on a regular basis, whenever anything from any manufacturer caught my eye.

I think over the last 7 years, the decision has probably saved me money & in my opinion I feel I’ve been using some really good products during that time. Another benefit to me of using kit from one manufacturer that has a 2 year cycle, is if their new stuff I feel is not better than what I’m gaming I get to keep my current set up for longer, an example of that was my 714 AP2s, when the 716s came out, I didn’t fancy them so ended up in my 714s for 4 years until the 718s were released, unheard of for me previously.

I’ve had some great custom fittings with Titleist as well, the only time I feel they let me down, was when I got fitted for my T100 irons in September 2019. I was coming out of 718 AP3s, and I was looking to go back to a forged club with a smaller profile (particularly with the scoring clubs), loved the feel of the T100 compared to the AP3 on the course, but I have to be honest I was missing the extra yardage the AP3 had given me. Therefore, I was absolutely gutted when Titleist released the T100-S, I wished they had told me (if they’d known) at my T100 fitting that the S was coming, I would have waited, a stronger lofted T100 would have been perfect.

Since the T100-S were released it’s been nagging away at me, it was always going to be difficult to resist, particularly as I’m a recovering ‘golf-ho’. So yesterday, I pulled the trigger, on some new bats. You will see in my signature below, I’m ready for them even though they haven’t been delivered yet!

You will also see, I didn’t take my T100-S down to 5 iron (I did have, well technically still have) T100 in 5i - GW. I absolutely love how easy my U510 4 iron is to hit, so thought I would blend in a T200 5 & 6 iron, I think age is catching up with me!. In fairness it was bit of a no brainier to do it, with the T200 having a forged face and a slightly bigger profile, they sit in there nicely between the U510 and T100-S. I’ve had the T200 5 & 6 iron, bent 1* weak, so the lofts flow better in my set up, with the added bonus, this will also take a smidge of offset off those two clubs.

Anyway, apologies for the long opening post, and thanks for taking the time to read it. Oh by the way, I’ve played off 5 handicap and below for 27 years, with a low of 3 (2.7 exact).

Last edited:
:welcome:

Where abouts in the UK are you?

You can see from my signature that I am a :titleist: man too

I was going to get the T100's but a great deal turned up for the irons I have

Welcome to THP

Where abouts in the UK are you?

You can see from my signature that I am a :titleist: man too

I was going to get the T100's but a great deal turned up for the irons I have
I’m in Berkshire. How do you get different graphics into the signature? Everytime I try and put in Scotty or a shaft manaufacturer as a graphic, it’s just keeps coming up with Titleist.

A bit far from me,

for other graphics use : followed by the brand and then :
so like this : scotty : (without the spaces) will produce :scotty:

A bit far from me,

for other graphics use : followed by the brand and then :
so like this : scotty : (without the spaces) will produce :scotty:
Thanks mate, much appreciated.

No worries, hope you enjoy your stay here, its full of really great and helpful people

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP, looking forward to hearing how things are on your side of the pond.

:welcome:Happy to have you with us, sir!!!:welcome:

Welcome to THP. I also have a mostly Titleist bag

Welcome to THP. I also have a mostly Titleist bag
Do you play your 54 Vokey at standard loft?, or have you done what I’m planning to do, bending it 1* strong, so there is an even 5 deg gap between the 48 and 58?

Last edited:
I did not and currently the 48 is out of the bag and I have a ping glide 2.0 with the Eye Sole in that spot. I wasn’t using the 48 often enough to keep it as the results were not great

Hi and welcome! You will enjoy the conversation here at THP. My grandmother was from Banbury which I see is not terribly far from where you are. I would love to visit that part of the world someday.

Last edited:
Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP from another UK member (north-east)

Hope you enjoy your time here on the forum.

Great introduction and welcome to THP! Glad to have you here!

Back