High arch - spikeless shoes possible?

Ryan555

Reaction score
Handicap
So, here's my situation. I have a high arch in my foot. So much so that I have to go to a specialty store just to get my regular athletic shoes. Add to that I have a 2E wide foot. Now, the width isn't so much a problem, but the arch is. I've been on the hunt for a pair of spikeless shoes for a while now, and so far, nobody makes them for people with arches in their feet, they are all flat footed. I normally wear Footjoy shoes, as they have the best arch that I can find, without breaking the bank. I can get an insert for them, if I want, but the only inserts that are high enough for me actually make shoes a full size bigger, almost too small for me to wear.

Does anybody have any suggestions for spikeless shoes that might be able to accomodate my apparently odd feet? I have tried Footjoy, adidas, crocs, Nike and Ecco in all styles that, again, would not break the bank. I can't find True, Kikkor or Skechers within 30 minutes of me. Have not tried Callaway yet, and figured Ashworth and Adidas are going to be pretty much the same.

Does anybody else have this problem? Should I just resign myself to probably not being able to change over to spikeless without having to sacrifice comfort?

I will say the Cally Del Mars are quite wide in the toe. Pretty flat though. They might be roomy enough to accomodate an orthotic, but I don't know.

Thanks Hawk. Yeah, I had to spend $125 on a pair of running shoes to wear everyday, because of my oddly shaped foot and the fact that companies don't really make shoes with arches anymore without special shoes or orders. This has been getting super frustrating. I read all about how these shoes are so nice and comfortble, but I can't even walk around in them in the store without causing pain.

That's a bummer! I will say that a good fitting pair of spikes can still be very comfortable. I've been wearing spikes more often lately and they've been just fine.

So I have a high arch and wear a 15 4e. The new Nike lunar 2s have been amazing for me. I have bought back ups in colors due to the comfort level. Best ones I have found to date. Hope this helps.

That's funny you mentioned those. I haven't been able to wear a Nike shoe, ever. Their athletic shoes are all flat, and cause me so much pain. The last time I tried to wear some, I was 14 and bought a pair, and then a month later I had to go get some Adidas because my feet were in so much pain from having no support in my arch.

I will definitely have to check them out!

Kikkor has the whole free shipping thing on it I believe, so if you get some and they aren't a good fit returns are no problem.

You might be out of luck with the spikeless. That style lends itself to a low profile.

As far as Nikes go, they are extremely narrow shoes.

I too have high arches and have custom orthodics ($400 each). I have found they work best in mesh type shoes. I am currently rocking the Adidas Adizero shoes. They conform to my orthodic very well.

It isn't easy having high arches. Hope you find something that works for you.

If you can stomach the price & are ok with the styles, Allen Edmonds are worth a look.

I can tell you that I have a few pairs of AE dress shoes that are worn regularly and are close to 15 years old. Yes, they've been back to Edmonds for resoles and reconditioning multiple times, but they still look great and if they weren't extremely comfortable & supportive, they would have been canned long ago.

Take care of your feet to take care of your back. Good luck in the search, hope that you find something that works for you.

If you can stomach the price & are ok with the styles, Allen Edmonds are worth a look.

I can tell you that I have a few pairs of AE dress shoes that are worn regularly and are close to 15 years old. Yes, they've been back to Edmonds for resoles and reconditioning multiple times, but they still look great and if they weren't extremely comfortable & supportive, they would have been canned long ago.

Take care of your feet to take care of your back. Good luck in the search, hope that you find something that works for you.

I had never heard of these so I looked them up. WOW. You were right, if I could stomach the price. Yeah, I'm trying to keep it under $100 if possible, but I do like some of the traditional styles they offered. Wish I could afford a pair. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

I have high arches and the most comfortable shoes on my feet are the adidas Puremotions, I have a black pair and a white pair.

adidas Crossflex also very comfy and adidas shoes seem to suit my feet more than any other brand

I know you said you tried Adidas, but I saw several pair of Adipure Z on eBay that are spikeless. The footbeds are removable so you can replace them. Since they are an older model, you will not find them in stores. Just a thought.

Back