Hola from freakin' cold, wet Wisconsin. Lookin' to make my game uncringe worthy......

Welcome aboard! $200 should get you some really good used clubs, the Eye 2's are still in a lot of people's bags if that's the way you want to go.

Welcome to THP! I'll be in the Milwaukee area at the end of June, maybe we can sneak a round in!

Welcome to THP!! Sounds like you've got a pretty solid direction to go for clubs, good luck with you hunt!!

Thrift shops are hit or miss and good stuff goes quickly.
I've seen fittings being done at Dick's in Grafton, but pick carefully who you work with.
I'm over in Port not far from you.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm looking to join some of my friend on the course more to hang out. They are pretty solid players in the 8-10 handicap range I'd guess. Me: Never golfed a lot, but wanted to get to the point where it becomes relaxing and enjoyable, instead of making me want to drink (more), see how far I can toss my driver into the woods and swerve into a bridge abutment on the way home.

I play 2-4 time a year now. I probably most likely have a ****** swing (it kinda feels a bit clunky). I use some cheap "Mitsushiba" clubs my dad won in an outing (I can't even find these on the net). The plan is to try to go a bit more consistently. I was hitting the ball much better last year. Much more consistent. I was usually in the upper 90s to low 100s for 18 (That is progress for me). I've been reading up more. May consider some lessons, and would like to get some better clubs.

I'm open to suggestions on clubs. I don't mind used (budget requires it I guess). Looking to spend around $200 for a set of irons to start. I'm really leaning towards some used Pings (Eye 2+ or ISI Ks). Heard they are some of most forgiving clubs. I could use some pointers on good deals if anyone likes doing that kinda thing. Not sure what is good prices on 3ball or globalgolf.com. I like the BeCu clubs look, but don't know if they help, or if its just bling.

Looking forward to learning more at THP!!

Family Sharing in Grafton has a set of Ping ISI-K red dot with steel shafts for $50 and a set of Ping Zings black dot for $30 in not as nice shape, just a heads up.
(edited to correct dot colors)

Last edited:
Welcome!

welcome to THP!

I highly recommend Callaway Golf Preowned. I recently upgraded my entire bag of irons, woods, hybrids, driver for less than $600! Irons alone were $220. Often you can get brand new clubs that are last years models for huge discounts or like new outlet display models for dirt cheap. 90 day Money back guarantee and 1 year warranty makes it a no brainer. They also accept trade ins on several brands of clubs so you can trade them back in for something else as your game improves. I know I sound like I work for Callaway but I don't- just very pleased with this website! Cheers!

Back