Home-made golf shoes??

TeedUpThoughts

#TeamNE
Reaction score
Handicap
< Last Yr!
Has anyone put spikes into their street shoes/sneakers with any success? I have REALLY bad feet (beyond flat) and find it really hard to find comfortable golf shoes (or shoes in general), even with the new ones from Adidas and Nike that mimic sneakers. I'd like to take a pair of sneakers that I know are comfortable for me, Asics Gel Kayano or molded Reebok zig's, and add some traction for the course.

Any experience with this or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Have you tried to play without the spikes? Is it causing you issues?

Have you seen this? It aint no champ spike but it should fit on your normal shoes

quickspikesarticle.jpg

Has anyone put spikes into their street shoes/sneakers with any success? I have REALLY bad feet (beyond flat) and find it really hard to find comfortable golf shoes (or shoes in general), even with the new ones from Adidas and Nike that mimic sneakers. I'd like to take a pair of sneakers that I know are comfortable for me, Asics Gel Kayano or molded Reebok zig's, and add some traction for the course.

Any experience with this or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Nope, but Asics makes golf shoes. http://www.tgw.com/customer/search2.jsp?scid=1094&a1105=mens&limitmfr=Asics&sortmfr=N&a1440=golf

Have you seen this? It aint no champ spike but it should fit on your normal shoes

quickspikesarticle.jpg

That is actually quite the brilliant little idea. Something that has been around for ages (ie. snow traction shoes), brilliant.

That is actually quite the brilliant little idea. Something that has been around for ages (ie. snow traction shoes), brilliant.

Yeah I've actually thought about buying some for myself just haven't got around to it since I've been using my shoes with the champ spikes, so I really never needed them

Have you tried to play without the spikes? Is it causing you issues?

I do feel that my feet turn a bit more without spikes, especially on full swings, and worse when the grass is wet early in the AM.

quickspikesarticle.jpg
That's not a bad idea... Thanks I'll look to try these out.

maybe try some spiked sandals?

I'd love to see someone attempt to make their own. Just from a creativity standpoint. Please post pics if you do it!

I have flat feet as well, and I typically have success with getting wide width golf shoes. Footjoy makes wide and extra wide in most styles, other brands are a bit more hit or miss if they offer non-standard widths.

Another flat flipper foot vote for the Footjoys. I will say that it depends on your inserts. I had one set that worked out great, and another that the podiatrist built up too much. Still worked, but I wound up having trouble getting my feet in without backing off the laces all the way down. Just wasn't enough room left for my foot once the insoles went in. 4E sneaker, the shoes are dryjoy 2XW if memory serves, they may not make this particular shoe anymore.

I have flat feet and i've had a couple of knee surguries. The knee surgeon keeps trying to get me into orthodics sp? I tried it for a while but didn't like it and they were expensive. I've tried a bunch of shoes; FootJoys, Ecco, Nike and Puma. I read about the True Linkwear shoes and bought a pair. For some reason they've worked for me. I don't know why but i haven't bought anything since. The first offerings are pretty egly but they have character.

Another flat flipper foot vote for the Footjoys. I will say that it depends on your inserts. I had one set that worked out great, and another that the podiatrist built up too much. Still worked, but I wound up having trouble getting my feet in without backing off the laces all the way down. Just wasn't enough room left for my foot once the insoles went in. 4E sneaker, the shoes are dryjoy 2XW if memory serves, they may not make this particular shoe anymore.

Thanks for the tip. I've had a few pairs of orthodics but none of them really seem to help all that much, and definitely not up to the standard the pod. built them up to! I'll give the wider footjoy a whirl.

I'd love to see someone attempt to make their own. Just from a creativity standpoint. Please post pics if you do it!

+1, I'd like to see pics too.

Back