Review Honma T//Word W4 Wedges

I wish I lived near you so I could try all these wonderful toys you try out! :cool:
Well you did go to the GD something I will never get to do....:(

Well you did go to the GD something I will never get to do....:(
Never say never, sir. As long as you enter the contests, maybe your name will get called!

Never say never, sir. As long as you enter the contests, maybe your name will get called!
Ha ha no I know I will never get in, still enter a lot of the contest for plain meanness and did for all of them for few years. But I was told by a little birdie it was hopeless and was never going to happen. It is still a great follow and a fantastic Event for the lucky few.

OK Xman I am blaming this one on you, just got the new Honma irons and within 10 minutes won the low bid on 3 new TW W4 wedges. 52, 56, 60 inbound, I only wanted the 52 and 60 but got all three for $200 so I will put the 56 back on the bay for $100 and it is a win anyway.

Or you never know having 5 wedges might work....

OK Xman I am blaming this one on you, just got the new Honma irons and within 10 minutes won the low bid on 3 new TW W4 wedges. 52, 56, 60 inbound, I only wanted the 52 and 60 but got all three for $200 so I will put the 56 back on the bay for $100 and it is a win anyway.

It may not bother you, but all three wedges will be the exact same length. I'm planning to lengthen my SW (0.25") and GW (0.50").

Little round for my eye. But I have heard good things.

It may not bother you, but all three wedges will be the exact same length. I'm planning to lengthen my SW (0.25") and GW (0.50").
I am going to either extend or reshaft them, I have all the stuff to extend them and the 125 wedge fits right in with my iron shafts. 1st time back to steel in quite a few years, but the 120 modus inbound will have the prosoft inserts.

These wedges look great, a bit large but maybe that will translate to better play.

1st round with these wedges and they are fantastic! For just putting them in the bag I hit some really nice wedge shots and even so a bit of spin back on a couple of full swings with the 60* I was a bit worried about the overall size but it was not an issue and to me with one round in the books I like them a lot better than the SM8 and Miura Wedges I had.

I was going to sell the 56* but I might just keep it after all and pull something else out of the bag like the 23* Super Hybrid since I am hitting the Honma TR20 P 5 iron the same general distance.

Haha awesome my man!

1st round with these wedges and they are fantastic! For just putting them in the bag I hit some really nice wedge shots and even so a bit of spin back on a couple of full swings with the 60* I was a bit worried about the overall size but it was not an issue and to me with one round in the books I like them a lot better than the SM8 and Miura Wedges I had.

I was going to sell the 56* but I might just keep it after all and pull something else out of the bag like the 23* Super Hybrid since I am hitting the Honma TR20 P 5 iron the same general distance.

This is awesome to hear man. They are solid wedges! You may like the 125 wedge shaft enough to not re shaft

The 125 wedge shaft felt great, but I can say for certain that after two days of playing steel shafts and reg size grips my hands & wrist hurt.

The 125 wedge shaft felt great, but I can say for certain that after two days of playing steel shafts and reg size grips my hands & wrist hurt.

Man that sucks. You are going to match your wedge shafts with whatever iron shafts you end up with?

yes I have recoil 110 F5 on the way

yes I have recoil 110 F5 on the way

I actually have a brand new recoil 110 F5 Proto wedge length shaft uncut and don't know what to do with it. I may throw it in a wedge pending how you like yours in the wedge. But the modus 125 wedge shaft is going to be tough to beat

I have to admit the Modus 125 wedge shaft is great, feels wonderful and stupid spin. But I have been in serious shoulder pain since Sunday, I played Thursday, Sat and Sunday and holy smoking jesus the hand, elbow and shoulder pain is crazy.

I really have done nothing different work wise or exercise wise, the only thing that stands out is to play the steel shafts in the irons and wedges. There was really no pain or different feeling while playing but two days later...woo hoo old age sucks....

It was my original plan to go with the modus 120 in stiff and use pro soft inserts in all the clubs, but we will see if the recoil 110's even at F5 are better for the joints.

Have now played about 4 rounds of golf with these wedges. I lengthened each wedge to match up with typical wedge lengths, a bit over standard. They are really nice. Enjoying the setup behind the ball, the grinds are nice. Remind me of the new level wedge shapes. The shafts (modus) are interesting coming from playing S400 for a while. Seem to play a bit more stiff. Please excuse the lead tape, I’m a maniac and enjoy heavy feeling wedges.
3002AB5C-E4A9-4EF3-A444-A617A39D7754.jpeg

Back