gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What are your favorites?

I just started streaming the original Terrifier on Vudu since I heard Terrifier 2 is making people get sick and vomit in theaters.

Most of these are not good movies by any means but they are fun to watch.

I like the original black and white Universal Studios monster movies the best personally. Nightmare on Elm Street is good. Modern horror probably The Devil’s Rejects.

Seven is in my tops.

Candyman for me

Halloween! (y)

Anything Wes Craven or John Carpenter - Halloween, The Fog, The Thing, Scream, A Nightmare on Elm Street, you can't go wrong with any. Same goes for Sam Raimi - Evil Dead, Drag Me To Hell. That said, finding newer horror movies that are actually watchable is pretty hard. The Witch is good but it's a slow burn. The Conjuring movies are good too. Get Out was OK but nothing special.

I like horror movies but can't get the other half to watch them with me, and I don't watch movies very regularly by myself.

The Thing is one of my favorite movies regardless of genre. I still need to watch the 2011 prequel.

Alien, Predator, Insidious, It Follows, Hereditary, It, The Ring, Saw, The Mist, The Silence of the Lambs, and Let The Right One In all come to mind as good horror movies.

My favorite of the era was Nightmare on Elm Street.

I'm looking at a "50 best horror movies" site and, of the fifty they list the only ones I've seen are:
  • The Exorcist
  • Carrie
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers
  • The Thing
  • Alien
  • Aliens
  • The Birds
  • The Omen
  • Poltergeist
  • The Ring
  • The Fly
  • Chucky (wasn't on the list)
That's over my entire life. Not really a fan of the genre. I suppose, of them all, the one I recall impressed me most was The Exorcist. That's one I'd watch again, but my wife's having none of it :ROFLMAO:

Huge movie buff but horror genre is my least favorite by a wide margin. Haven't bothered watching very many of them. Did somebody mention Seven as their fav horror movie? Probably in my top five list of all time but can't really consider it a horror movie.

I just looked into the Terrifier movies and they seem like a simple excuse for a gorefest. The younger me would have been all over that.

I'm looking at a "50 best horror movies" site and, of the fifty they list the only ones I've seen are:
  • The Exorcist
  • Carrie
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers
  • The Thing
  • Alien
  • Aliens
  • The Birds
  • The Omen
  • Poltergeist
  • The Ring
  • The Fly
  • Chucky (wasn't on the list)
That's over my entire life. Not really a fan of the genre. I suppose, of them all, the one I recall impressed me most was The Exorcist. That's one I'd watch again, but my wife's having none of it :ROFLMAO:
Speaking of Chucky, the 2019 remake of Child's Play is really good. Probably one of those rare things where the remake is better than the original.

Sinister 1 and 2 were really good and one of my favorites

For those that have watched most of the American stuff; The Korean films are excellent. Also, Turkish horror films are quite good >>> Baskin is one of the best films around.

Used to be a big fan in my younger days but today enjoy a good mystery when I find time to watch. One that gave me the willeys was the Ring. Freddy was always good for a laugh back in the day.

I just looked into the Terrifier movies and they seem like a simple excuse for a gorefest. The younger me would have been all over that.
Yeah. I watched the first one and laughed and how insane some of the ways people were killed in that movie. I wasn't grossed out but it was just so ridiculous. Maybe that says something about me that I laughed at it.

Yeah. I watched the first one and laughed and how insane some of the ways people were killed in that movie. I wasn't grossed out but it was just so ridiculous. Maybe that says something about me that I laughed at it.
I mean, in college I watched the first 3 Guinea Pig movies. Gorefest movies don't bother mean because I know it's fictional. Terrifier is free on Prime Video and it's really a thin plot to justify sawing people in half. I am not paying to see Terrifier 2 in the theater, but I will watch it when it's streamable, just because.

Back