How confident are you in greenside bunkers?

Landed in the bunker 3 times yesterday and I got out all 3 times........Only for it to roll down on the other side of the green. Awful all 3 times. Annoying to hear the ball smack the club from the greenside bunker.

I don't like being in them but I don't fear them either. Particularly if they actually have sand in them

I normally don't mind them but...

Not all green side bunkers are created the same!
#ArcadiaBluffsAreEVIL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since adding in the 54 and 58 Vokey SM6s I am far more confident in bunkers everywhere on the course. Just a simple tip from a golfing buddy of mine helped as well, he just said " Swing dude". Sometimes the simplest advice can do the most good.

A couple of years ago, I would have said I was pretty confident in the bunker. But last year it rained so much in Indiana that I think bunkers never recovered and it made it difficult to practice. I definitely struggled a bit last year and plan on working on this spring to fix.

I'm confident I will get it on the green somewhere as long as I have a good lie in the center of the bunker. Plugs and bunker faces are a crap shoot.

If there's actual sand in them, I'm usually ok now. If its hardpacked dirt or wet, I'm hit or miss.

Very! Just strike the match...

Many years ago I worked, part-time, at a driving range/par three. At least once a week it was necessary to retrieve the range balls from the sand traps; or knock them out to where the ball picker could get at them. Long story short: play a hundred sand shots a week, one-handed, with any old wedge from the borrow bin, and a bunker shot will become (almost) second nature.

I like greenside bunkers.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Back