How confident are you in greenside bunkers?

After learning Pelz's technique in green side bunkers. My green side bunker shots have improved drastically. Especially with the 2016 Chrome Soft!

I'm not confident at all coming out of a greenside bunker, and normally try my best to avoid them

Huge problem in my game at the end of the year. At the ambition it was embarrassing how bad I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give me a green side bunker any day over a buried lie in green side rough.

very confident.

do I execute? well, that wasn't the question....but if the hazards around the green are sand, I go for it pretty much every time because yeah, I am confident I will get out and have a reasonable next shot.

I don't practice as much as I should out of the bunker, as the courses I play don't have many of them at all. With that said, I'm confident I'll get out, and if the lie it's a fried egg, I'm confident I'll no worse than 2 putt.

Depends. Is the green narrow with a bunker on the opposite side? if so, I'm not very confident at all.

Very confident I can get out 99% of the time. But I'll only scramble for the par maybe 10% to 15% of the time

is there a confidence factor <0? if so, that's where i'm at. it's easily the weakest part of my game.

Very little to none right now, I'm having a hard time controlling the distance (aka thinning shots out the sand) :bashful:

I have been working on it though before the season ended, had a nice moment on my last round of the season. Flopped it out of a greenside bunker, next to the pin to save par.

Very confident getting out, even with those high walls, but up and ins are few for me, I'm not at the point of precision just yet.

Up and down? Not confident at all, but that has everything to do with my putting. I'm pretty confident in getting out of the bunker and into the green. Then I'll 3 putt from six feet.

I am comfortable with green side bunkers. There quite a few at my home course.

I can get on the green but getting close to the hole is tough unless I'm practicing

No confidence at all. If I'm in a bunker, I just assume it will take me 2 to get out... and if I end up on the green, I'll 3 putt.

I plan on taking a bunker lesson before Spring.

While I can't say that I'm confident in getting up and down, I am confident in giving myself a decent look at it.

This is exactly how I feel. i'm confident I will get out at least. If I can up and down its a bonus.

not for necessarily getting up/down but simply getting out and on within reasonable distance I think is about where im at. That said it comes and goes for me. Have times when its the easiest thing for periods and confidence is very high. Then are times when it can be a struggle. Do that enough and the confidence becomes questionable too. But in general more often than not I have average to above confidence for getting out and on within reasonable distance.

usually my biggest detriment is that often enough Im not sitting in the bunker in just 2shots and am really playing for bogey or worse from that point anyway. So even the occasional up/down may be for bogey and even yes for a double too. Hence the life of a 15 capper :)

I am confident in the bunkers, unless the sand is the very fluffy and light type. Still have problems with that sometimes,

I would much rather be in a greenside bunker rather than have to pitch over it.

Very confident getting onto the green 30-70 getting up and down right now. It's tough in the winter because the bunkers are usually we and hard.

I am terrible out of greenside bunkers. I either skull the ball or leave it in the bunker. Contributing to the problem is, one, I don't get in them enough to develop a feel, two, the bunkers where I play are not consistent from one to the next, and, third, I, to my disgrace, don't practice bunker shots anywhere near enough.

I would rather be in a bunker compared to an awkward pitch shot. I am confident enough from the sand to always get it out and on the green. Maybe not always super close to the hole, but my direction is always good and I can be aggressive.

I was very inconsistent with bunker play but last year I think I really took a step forward. WNY golf courses do not have consistent bunker quality unless you play very high end courses so it's kind of a pain.

I used to be very comfortable the previous two years, but last year I actually struggled. Toward the end of the year I made some tweaks and also started playing my 54* wedge from softer finer sand and that helped me as well.

I hope I get back this next year.

Im confident at getting out of most bunkers and giving myself a chance at a one putt. I think my Sand percentage is like 30-40%? not too shabby

Getting a lot better. Used to definitely be the weakest part of my game. Have worked hard on it. Still not as good as it could be, but happy with the progress.

Back