How did you find your putter?

Won my current gamer through a THP contest!

Using Tapatalk

Same for me - I was a bit apprehensive when I saw it as I had struggled with blade style putters previously but this one just seems to work for me so I haven't looked elsewhere

I have never been fitted for a putter but I am curious to see what that would reveal, but while this one is working I am reluctant to mess with it

Roll the ones I want to try, get a feel for what is comfortable and then go with it. This year I demo'd on the course for multiple rounds the CG HB1 and liked the feel and look. I started reading the SeeMore thread on here and watched several videos on their website and became very intrigued and ended up buying two different models from the marketplace. I am currently gaming the FGP and getting ready to send the m8 in for length adjustment and will mess with that in the offseason.

Trial and error to find the shape (rossie-ish), finish (smoke diamond), face (milled over insert), and shaft (center).

My current gamer smoke diamond z3c came via trade with a THPer.

online, used and for a great price. It's new to me.

I've always used trial and error but have played so long I can pretty much tell what works for me or doesn't. I don't have a gamer putter, that assumes I have more than one to choose from. I find a putter that works and stick with it. I know that if I'm not putting well it has nothing to do with the putter.

I discovered my Piretti at the Denver Golf Expo 3 1/2 years ago. They had a trailer with a putting green and various putters. Took one look at the Matera and loved i -, then I picked it up a made a stroke and that was it. Perfect feel and balance, it made my Scotty (Newport 1.5 I played for about 8 years) feel like just a piece of metal on the end of a stick. I didn't blink at the $300 price and bought one that day. I've played it ever since and have not contemplated getting another putter (except that Wilson Staff milled 8802, which would be totally impractical to play :D).

I'll let you know how I found it once I find it! Still on the prowl for the perfect putter!

For me it was trial and error. I found the #9 head shape and have not looked back. Just feels comfortable to me. Length took a bit more trial and error.

I was in between potters at the time when a buddy of mine let me hit a few balls with his putter. The feel and consistency I got with it drove me to buy the exact same putter. To date it's one of the most confident putting putters I've ever had

JSpangs rolled my Nead.

Then I figured I'd give it a try...

I rolled a ton of different putters on an actual green and after a few sessions it became clear which putter worked the best for me from all kinds of different distances. This limited the amount of putters I could try as it's tough to find a place that lets you roll every brand on an actual green, but it was worth it IMO.

Tested the version out on 3 different occasions,soft feel and was dropping putts like nobody's business.

I really wanted a Seemore so I rolled every one I could get my hands on then feel in love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried my golf buddy's putter on the practice green last year. I'd been resisting buying a SC putter thinking the price was too prohibitive. But after using my buddy's, I bit the bullet and bought a GoLo 5, center shafted putter. Its been in the bag over a year, and I don't see it leaving any time soon.

A combination of process of elimination and dumb luck. I knew what I liked early in terms of size/shape of a putter head, but finding one I liked too a little while to settle. I have rolled Odyssey, Scotty and SeeMore. The z3c only came about because of a couple of THPers mentioned they saw the left handed version in the vault during the SeeMore event in June.

I read a thread on here during a slow morning shift at work, ended up ordering blind online and its the best one I have rolled so far. Previous 2 I tried before buying, I can not see me buying another new one for quite a long time.

Got fitted. Once the correct length was found, messed around with different grips until I found one comfortable in my hands...from there different alignments, offset, shape, until I felt like I got what I wanted, liked the look over the ball, and felt like I was making a free stroke that starts on the intended line.

It's closed now. I went by when I was in MB in July. I think the one across from the original Martin's is still open but I am not sure as I did not get that far north this past trip.

In answer to the OP, I was fitted at the SeeMore headquarters at the Invitational back in June.
Golfsmith bought them out.

My current gamer came from the 2013 Morgan Cup. I had never even held a SeeMore before, and after I got it, I haven't played with anything else if given the choice.

SeeMore m2w.

I never really had a preference much until I started playing again and couldn't stay comfortable for any length of time with any of the putters I have. I decided, on a whim, to go hunting for the putter I gamed and did consistently well with; an old Ping Zing 2 BeCu. I've been gaming it since then. Seems that head shape and shaft combo just fits my eye really well

Honestly... it was a total guess purchase due to a crazy good deal.

Uncut/ungripped SeeMore Big FGP... Cut it down to my liking and have been in love since.

mostly dumb luck for me. i've only ever gamed 5 putters since picking up the game about 15 years ago. the first was a mallet-style zebra putter, the second was an odyssey-two ball that i gamed for a long time. the third was my first real splurge 9 years ago on a sc newport, then a brief affair with a ping scottsdale tr tatum, and just recently i bought an sc california hollywood from a fellow thp'er. the last two were technical decisions based on design, whereas the first 3 were just 'cuz. i did a putter fitting earlier this year, and about the only thing it helped me with was my setup. i've had an arc stroke for years, but recently fiddled with sbst and wanted a face-balanced putter so i went with the tatum. i could never get comfortable with sbst and my stroke went to hell. then i did the fitting and we retrofitted my newport to the fitter's recommendations, which didn't work out either. i bought the hollywood because of the price, because i've never had a milled putter, and because i really wanted to try the flair neck to help with my strong arc. so far i've been really happy.

Rolled everything in the store. Picked a couple that stood out. Rolled them and one or two others every time I went back for a couple months. Picked the one that was most consistent for me.

Dumb luck/shot in the dark.

My old putter (a cheap, simple one that was included in the first set of clubs I bought) was damaged on the flight back home from Spain, the handlers probably threw the bag around. So I went to the golf stores in the area to buy a new one, and was shocked by the ridiculous amounts of money they charge for lefthanded equipment. So I went online, and found a woman selling an Odyssey White Ice #5. She got it for her birthday, but could get used to the weight after trying it a couple of times on the putting green. Asking price was only $40,-, so I just bought it, and if I didn't like it, too bad.

Took me a couple of rounds to break in, but really love it now.

I was checking out some putters at Academy one day and they actually had a Yes! Ann in stock. I had been gaming an Ashley for about 2 years before this and I was really happy with it, I just thought I'd give this one a try in the store. As I was putting it back on the rack I noticed it was marked at $30. I looked online and they were going for $120ish used on eBay at that point, so I asked someone to see if it was really just $30. They told me it was marked wrong but I could buy it at $30, and if I didn't buy it they would fix the price and put $140 on it. Who walks away from that!?! I had planned on selling it, but I ended up really liking it. It's been in my bag ever since!

I got mine completely by chance. My father in law had it sitting in his garage so I took it out to the course one day. It has been the only club that consistently finds its way back in the bag. Bought a cheap Carnahan putter on the bay recently and going to give that a shot, but it probably won't kick out the Hoylake. At least for very long.

Back