How Do You Choose Your Glove?

I go fit and feel. My favorite two so far are the FJ StaSof and Titleist Players gloves. That said they are spendy for a product you use up. I have been using both Tenfinger gloves from Amazon and Mastergrip Tech Glove. Both of those are about 95% as good as my favorites for less money.

I tried the CaddyDaddy Claw glove and didn't like the way it felt on my hand or the club.

Feel mostly. I tried a few and right now the Cobra one I got at MC is the clubhouse leader. I like the Kirklands for how long they last as well. The Mizuno Elites I was using the velcro doesn't last long so on a backswing the glove will start to loosen. Annoying.

I bought ten 3 packs at Costco when they were switching to Kirkland from Callaway so got them on closeout for $8 or something per package. That'ss how I chose those. When they run out I'll probably try the Caddy Daddy based on what I've heard here.

1. Fit - I have a weird hand size - can be cadet large in some, medium in most.
2. Feel - It has to be thin enough where I can feel the "align" grip in my hands
3. Cost - I play a decent amount of golf and, outside of going out to dinner and buying wine is my only hobby so I don't mind spending a little bit on an essential piece of equipment

I have a favorite glove that I've used since I started playing. I have small hands so it's hard to find a good fit sometimes. I also wear my wedding ring when I play so it has to be mesh on the top part so it will "give" a little with my ring on. I had to stock up on them since they've remade them into cheap materials. Sooner or later I need to find another glove I like.
Caddy Daddy makes a Claw Ladies glove, it has mesh on the backs of the fingers and is not made of cheap materials. Every Claw glove I've had has lasted 50-60+ rounds, even in the summer when I'm soaking them in sweat every round.

I start with a price point and then based on feel and fit.

I want to spend $X what does $X get me that doesnt feel like garbage! What does $X get me that lasts.

Caddy Daddy makes a Claw Ladies glove, it has mesh on the backs of the fingers and is not made of cheap materials. Every Claw glove I've had has lasted 50-60+ rounds, even in the summer when I'm soaking them in sweat every round.
Thanks! I actually looked at those recently. I'm going to try one out. David loves his!

1. Fit
2. Feel
3. Materials
4. Price
5. Durability
6. Aesthetics

I am using the THP Asher glove. One lasted me the remainder of the season, I have a couple more for the upcoming year(s). The next one I'll be trying is the caddy daddy based upon reviews from here. There is also a glove I can't remember the name of but @Jman I'm pretty sure had a review, it was a glove for sweaty hands which I absolutely have.

I did try the Kirkland one but it ripped pretty quick, so I have an extra in the bag for when my main one gets to wet, but it's a partial time use at best.

Fit into price/durability. If something costs 3 bucks and lasts 5 rounds I'm fine with that just like if something costs 20 bucks and lasts 30 rounds. Style is the last thing on my mind, most gloves seem to look basically the same.

Looks and feel.

I played a Mizuno Tour glove for the past two years because I liked the way it looked and felt, abs I could get several rounds out of it in the sweaty summertime humidity.
I’m hopeful for the new Callaway Tour Authentic 2022 refresh.

I'm another no glove guy, but I only use simulated leather wrap-type grips.
Golf Pride Tour Wrap or Winn Excel work fine.

For me it's durability first. It has to hold up to the humidity I normally play in. After that it's comfort. I've gone through a few brands and I have settled on the latest version that Asher has out. I like the designs and they have addressed the durability issues from my previous experience. After that, i am a big fan of the Callaway X-Span gloves. For some reason those fit more snug and better than your traditional gloves.

I read all the glowing reviews on THP and had to try for myself. Now, I'm the proud owner of several varieties of the Claw.

Fit, comfort, durability.

I go with Bionic. They fit. They're comfortable. They last.

Fit, feel, cost and durability. I wore the ClawDaddy and the Kirkland gloves in 2021 and was very happy with their performance. I have a hard time paying 4-5 times more than a Kirkland gloves that last the same length of time, I can give up a little bit of comfort but not noticeable after the break-in.

A lot of times it’s feel and fit IF they have the size available. XL for the left hand isn’t that “rare” but I usually order online if I remember.

Fits well, is soft and inexpensive. Tried some MG gloves (online order) a few years ago and was/am quite impressed. They are around $8 a glove. I just order a seasons worth each spring.

Been playing a Claw since late in 2020. I like the fit, performance and durability.

Trial and error. If something works for me and it feels good, it's in the bag. Price usually doesn't play a role because I'm not rough on gloves and I don't play in a humid climate. With that being said, the second that I put on the Claw Daddy glove, I've never even looked at another golf glove. It felt so great when I put it on. The fact that the durability and tackiness in the palm and finger section makes it absolutely perfect (for me), I don't think I'll ever use anything else. 🤷‍♂️

I don't even remember, I just started buying the Footjoy Weathersof two packs of the cadet medium and just keep buying them when I need new ones.

Reactions: RD
Feel is king for me. I like to be able to feel the shaft grip through the glove. Second to that is fit. It doesn’t have to be perfect as long as it’s really close. Value is third. Price vs. durability. I’m okay playing a less durable glove if I can stock up cheaply or paying more for a glove that lasts longer.

I’ve been a big fan of the Titleist PermaSoft in the past. My Caddy Daddy Claw Pro should be arriving today so I’ll get to give that a go in a week or two. The Mystery Bag winners that played the Claw Daddy had positive things to say and the recent giveaway brought that back up so I ordered a pair after entering. I’m a little excited to see if THP steered me right yet again.

The durability/price balance is important. I hear a lot of guys say that price is a key factor. But if you're having to replace that glove a lot faster, is it really cheaper.

Fit is super important as well. All goves seem to fit just a bit differently. I'm interested in trying the caddydaddy, but I'm wary to buy without trying them on first. My goto has always been a Titleist Player Soft cadet large. But in some brands that size is too small and a men's large fits better. Can anyone share if they run true to size?

Fit first, durability second. For me that’s the MasterGrip Elite. Great grip especially for the price.

Fit, feel, durbility and price...in that order. I wear a lot of different gloves as variety is fun.

as a lefty, it's mostly just been what's been in stock, or what I've gotten from THP events. Haven't been able to try too many.

The durability/price balance is important. I hear a lot of guys say that price is a key factor. But if you're having to replace that glove a lot faster, is it really cheaper.

Fit is super important as well. All goves seem to fit just a bit differently. I'm interested in trying the caddydaddy, but I'm wary to buy without trying them on first. My goto has always been a Titleist Player Soft cadet large. But in some brands that size is too small and a men's large fits better. Can anyone share if they run true to size?

Completely understand buying gloves online can be a challenge. We offer free size exchanges and if you don't like our gloves we'll refund your purchase.
Just reach out to me with a DM here or email me. Our Pro gloves run true to size with most other brands so go with a Cadet Large on those. The original gloves run large so I'd recommend a cadet medium. Thanks

Back