How Do You Choose Your Glove?

I have just been using cheap UA gloves that I get for sale. They generally last about a season and then tear which keeps me from getting them too manky. I've considered buying a nice one, but haven't figured if that would be worth it.

I have used a Callaway Tour Authentic and Vice Pure for the last few years. I love soft leather and real soft feel. I want to feel the club but still have a little grip. Does wear out a bit for the range and practice. Separate gloves definitely

I didnt wear a glove for the longest time. I have become fond of the asher gloves. They are expensive but the seem to hold up well. They are soft and feel good. So that is what I am rolling with for now. Plus they have fun colors and designs. Including the THP gloves I have from them.

I actually just picked up a Mizuno Tour glove as well. I like it. I tend to like the gloves that are shorter as well. I dont know what it is called but if the flap around the wrist gets long, I dont like it. The Mizuno glove may be the shortest of the all. Plus it is super soft.

Fit, durability and cost are the main things I look at. Fit is a standalone factor and look at durability and cost together. For instance, CaddyDaddy Claw gloves are not the cheapest out there but they last at least twice as long as other gloves costing less, and more.

Price plays a pretty big part for me. I want something that feels pretty good and fits well but I won't spend a ton of money on a glove.

I think there is a too cheap price. I avoid that then go quality of leather, fit and looks.

Are they available retail or on-line only?
I was just wondering if someone made a glove with silicone in it like NFL receiver gloves, and these seem to fit the bill.
Years ago, Costco carried a Maxfli Revolution glove the was impregnated with urethane and they lasted forever.
I've been using the Kirkland gloves for a few years, but their quality has diminished the past year or so. Still great price, but the seem to get slick pretty fast, and don't hold their fit.
I like a snug glove with a tacky feel, and that Claw Pro model seems to fit the bill. Would love to try on for size before purchase, though.
Our gloves are mainly sold online at this point. We have a few pro shops but don't think we have any in Tucson currently.

If you'd like to try one, discount code THP will get you 15% off the gloves and free USPS shipping on our websites.

If for any reason you're not satisfied with our gloves, just let me know and I'll get you taken care of.
Our gloves typically last at minimum 25+ rounds for most players.

price, durability, and thickness, usually in that order haha

That said, right now it's just pure THP Limited Series. So happy it's not a problem.

Our gloves are mainly sold online at this point. We have a few pro shops but don't think we have any in Tucson currently.

If you'd like to try one, discount code THP will get you 15% off the gloves and free USPS shipping on our websites.

If for any reason you're not satisfied with our gloves, just let me know and I'll get you taken care of.
Our gloves typically last at minimum 25+ rounds for most players.
Thank you very much!
I will order a couple today.
Looking forward to giving them a try.

I'll even add to this. As someone who doesn't use a glove, what are the benefits and why should I start using one? I haven't used a glove for golf since early in high school when I kept tearing them up too fast and just got used to not using them. I usually use softer, tackier grips to make up for not using a glove.
I am in your camp Slowmo! I only use one when it is super hot and humid and I start loosing shots to the right because of moisture.

I don't think I cared about gloves too much, until I put one on that actually felt different from anything I've tried before (Claw Pro). All other gloves felt mostly the same with varying levels of softness, so I would usually end up with the cheapest option that felt fine (MG). The feel of the grip as well as the knuckle-side mesh along with the overall grip won me over to CD and I don't plan on swapping them out anytime soon. The durability of the gloves cancels out the slightly higher price I'm paying so order would be:
1. Feel
2. Fit
3. Durability
4. Price

I wanted to try the Caddy Daddy Claw glove from the recommendations of THP. I’ve been using the same one for over a year. Palm grip is perfectly fine. Top mesh on one knuckle is a little thin. But, I’m really hard on gloves and have never had one last nearly as long as this one.

I have a favorite glove that I've used since I started playing. I have small hands so it's hard to find a good fit sometimes. I also wear my wedding ring when I play so it has to be mesh on the top part so it will "give" a little with my ring on. I had to stock up on them since they've remade them into cheap materials. Sooner or later I need to find another glove I like.

I like Feel , Durability and cost.......for ages i used Bionic and they lasted. That being said, ever since th Asher Limited Series glove came, which i am still using along with one like it i purchased, the two of them is all i have used since then.....Great lasting which translates to great value for me

For the most part I am don't fix what ain't broke. I had a footjoy model that felt good and fit great. Used it for years, then got lucky to get a Callaway Tour Authentic Glove that fit like a, you guessed it, glove. Best feeling/fitting glove I have used and I still have one, but I would tear holes into a couple spots and @JB heralded the Claw from Caddy daddy.

Picked up a couple as they were reasonably priced and I have absolutely loved them. Haven't used a different model since then and don't see changing unless a big change to the fit/materials is made. Good grip and they last longer than any glove I have ever used. Just need to figure out how to keep from losing them as I have dropped 2...

If you like a tight fitting glove, I'd recommend our Pro over the standard model. The standard model is super breathable but less stable. Thanks!
I ordered one of each in different sizes based on the sizing chart.
I'm kind of a tweener. I like wear a Cadet medium/large in some brands and a normal medium in others.

I have generally just been a price guy and typically the oh crap I forgot mine running into the clubhouse and snag the cheapest guy. Very excited to try out the Claw. My hands sweat a good bit so I tear through cheap gloves pretty quick.

Fit, feel and durability for me. I have been using Callaways lately but I think I need to give the Caddy Daddy a try!

I wanted to try the Caddy Daddy Claw glove from the recommendations of THP. I’ve been using the same one for over a year. Palm grip is perfectly fine. Top mesh on one knuckle is a little thin. But, I’m really hard on gloves and have never had one last nearly as long as this one.
I am fired up to try this. I just cleaned out the others gloves that were worn out from the year. There were several.... and I don't feel like I play that much compared to others here.

I look at a few things in my gloves.

Fit
Comfortable
Grip

I am always looking at different types of gloves, but generally, once I find one that works I stay there unless I find something better.

Right now, the Caddy Daddy glove fits very well and has a good grip profile for how I like the feel on my clubs.

I used to love the FootJoy spider glove before they discontinued them. They were not expensive and very similar to the Caddy Daddy gloves.

I don't play in rain all that often, so the need for grip when wet isn't very high on my list.

Price. I always buy mine at Costco. I really like the Kirkland ones. Not sure if I wear through them faster than a more expensive one cause I've never purchased an expensive glove.

Feel is king for me. I like to be able to feel the shaft grip through the glove. Second to that is fit. It doesn’t have to be perfect as long as it’s really close. Value is third. Price vs. durability. I’m okay playing a less durable glove if I can stock up cheaply or paying more for a glove that lasts longer.

I’ve been a big fan of the Titleist PermaSoft in the past. My Caddy Daddy Claw Pro should be arriving today so I’ll get to give that a go in a week or two. The Mystery Bag winners that played the Claw Daddy had positive things to say and the recent giveaway brought that back up so I ordered a pair after entering. I’m a little excited to see if THP steered me right yet again.

Last edited:
I have arthritis in my fingers and it is difficult to secure my grip with a regular glove, so I have been using a Bionic for the past two years. It is a little thicker, especially in the joint area and it helps me to grip the club better. I have bought the CaddyDaddy Claw and will see if it helps.

Exactly this. With rheumatroid arthitis I've found that the Bionic gloves work best for me and they seem to be super durable.

Back