How do you clean your hats?

Dish washer does wonders. Seriously....

I'm too scared of ruining the bill...
I have yet to have a bill get messed up. You can buy a device to hold them in shape too if you wish.
I typically take a bowl and stick my hat around it. The bill is on its own and I have not had an issue.

Soak it in water/Woolite for a while, and just let it dry.

either i put it in the dishwasher or take it in the shower and wash it with shampoo

washing machine on gentle cycle then air dry

Ive got a bix plastic tub that fits a hat perfectly that I will fill with water and a little laundry detergent and let it soak for an hour or so. That seems to do plenty to clean my hats.

Give them a shot of spray’n wash, throw them in washing machine and the air dry. Come out close to new.

Use some dish soap and a toothbrush and air dry.

I hate structured hats so almost every one I own is unstructured. They just get tossed in laundry room when they are due for a wash and when I’ve cycled through enough hats to fill a wash, I just toss them in the wash on delicate then just drip dry.

I'm not sure I've ever cleaned a hat.

Usually start the season with a couple new ones, and they end up in the closet before I even ponder it. I'm blessed with a head of hair that doesn't really let sweat get through to the hat... Although it also means a ton of heat stays up there haha

Dishwasher with the cage.

Use some dish soap and a toothbrush and air dry.

These two. Just don't air dry in the sun. Makes them fade.

I haven't cleaned one in a while though. I buy way too many, and I have an OCD wife. She likes things clean, and cleaned her way. So now if one gets a little ripe I just set it on the coffee table or something. It'll reappear fresh as a daisy in a day or two. :D

Warm water, a pinch of OxiClean and a toothbrush. Rinse with cool water and let sit to dry.

Back