How do you express frustration on the course?

Usually I'll do my best Gob Bluth imitation (COME ON!!!) and shake my head... then I realize I'm a 16 hdcp and not anywhere close to being good enough to not hit a number of bad shots during the round. Then I try and get it out of my head and move onto the next shot.

I yell my name a lot but that’s about it. I don’t get to frustrated out there.

I have a buddy who likes to say ‘come on Jordan’ after bad shots. His name is Frank… 😂
1641220845379.gif

The first one, I will just chuckle and shake my head. If this seems to be a repeating process of the day, I will usually say my name in disgust and tell myself to cut the cr@p out!

I say fiddlesticks.

If I hit one left- I say that was left of (put in our most liberal politians name). If I hit one far right- i say that was right of xyz. if I hit a fatty, I curse myself.

I’m pretty vocal for a few seconds after the shot but nothing really vulgar

I really try to not curse - so I'll say "Fudge" or "Mother Trucker" after a bad shot

I will just call out my name, normal talking voice and tell myself to" pay attention", or " make a good pass"...something. I am not big on someone cursing or screaming about it, throw a club? I will let you know that if it happens again, i am walking in

Step 1: Laughter
Step 2: Mild profanity
Step 3: F-bombs galore
Step 4 (extreme case): launching a wedge

Luckily, I rarely get past Step 3.

I usually say my name. But I might adopt this:)
I’ve tried, but it’s just not the same. His execution is flawless. He also expresses his dissatisfaction with his caddie Michael. I just can’t pull it off.

My name and a few other remarks under my breath...

I don't express frustration on the course..... When I get home though, boy am I going to let myself have it. I'm lucky I don't get the belt some days.

When I was new to golf, I shrugged it off. Then I had a period of golf anger/rage. A DG X100 shaft was lost in the process. I think I also had a toe injury from kicking a metal trashcan. I had difficulty stopping once my brain started going down the negative road that led to the anger. I also had difficulty accepting bad results from good shots. I always was ok with a good result from a bad shot, or a bad result from a bad shot. Reading Bob Rotella, as well as working on a mantra and some breathing exercises brought me out of the "darkness" with golf anger. Acceptance is a major part of it as well as expectation management.

Now I tend to get a tad frustrated but try to focus on the next shot. If I am in the woods or another hairy situation I try to "relish" the opportunity to hit a recovery shot. Someone once said the curve that got you in that mess will usually get you out of it. Let's say I'm pretty adept now at hitting 30-75 yard bananas out of the woods.

I used to get angry, cuss myself, slam or throw clubs. That was all bullsh!t and not helpful, so I’ve stopped.

Now I just laugh and move on.

I allow myself one curse word per round, currently I am a few rounds in debt to that goal.

About the most expressive I get is the occasional and casual “well that sucked”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've really tried to be better about not letting myself get frustrated the last couple years. I've had a quick temper in the past and would slam a club. Too often.

The only thing that truly upsets me on the course is a miss hit. Especially if it results in a penalty. A flat out Top or Chunk drives me nuts.

I proceed to curse the club and occasionally “whack” my own bag with the offending club. At the very least the club is returned very “sternly” back into its slot in the bag. I mean how will it know it did anything wrong if I don’t punish it? This action also alerts the other clubs that they must behave or risk the same fate.

As far as they know the responsibility is all on them. This also applies to certain golf balls. They go in the “hole”. Which is the cooler pocket of my bag where they will remain until I decide to give them another chance. Which will most likely be on the practice chipping area later in the week.

If a club truly upsets me it goes into “Dads old bag” aka the “Golf Club Phantom Zone” where it remains in exile until their jailer (me) decides to free them for another chance at life. It’s also not unlikely that they will be transferred to another club prison via eBay or another prisoner transfer system. I currently do not have a form of capital punishment (the bottom of a lake) but have considered using one occasionally.

We as players must hold all this gear accountable for their actions.

😎

Exactly. Its a hard game.
Usually I'll do my best Gob Bluth imitation (COME ON!!!) and shake my head... then I realize I'm a 16 hdcp and not anywhere close to being good enough to not hit a number of bad shots during the round. Then I try and get it out of my head and move onto the next shot.

Back