How do you express frustration on the course?

What ever disappointing thing that happens in my golf game, I just smile, and maybe shake my head. Then move on.

Golf is a game. It's an enjoyable hobby, or pastime for me. What's to get frustrated about?

It takes a lot more than a bad shot, or bad day on the golf course to get me flustered.

I use to get wigged out over poor golf issues. Then I found out that frustration was not an answer to any poor golfing issues that showed up. All getting frustrated did was invite more bad shots into my game.

I think for some golfers, frustration is used as a convenient way for accepting poor play.

To me, frustration is form of anger. Anger usually creates more mistakes. Leave it alone.

Great topic..
I used to swear after every swing..
After taking many lessons and getting fitted, I try to understand what I did wrong and correct it next time..
I play as a walk on single a lot..
I've sometimes noticed the most frustrated golfers have never taken lessons or never have been fitted or both..
Not saying I dont let out a F@#k, once in a while..this game is humbling..

I ask the universe, very loudly, "who the f$(@ does that?! Seriously... Fu@#!" then laugh my way to my bag and stare at the lighter I keep in it... Then add another "Fu$&!"... Then get my head right for the next tee...

What ever disappointing thing that happens in my golf game, I just smile, and maybe shake my head. Then move on.

Golf is a game. It's an enjoyable hobby, or pastime for me. What's to get frustrated about?

It takes a lot more than a bad shot, or bad day on the golf course to get me flustered.

I use to get wigged out over poor golf issues. Then I found out that frustration was not an answer to any poor golfing issues that showed up. All getting frustrated did was invite more bad shots into my game.

You have summed it up nicely. This describes my take on how I deal with frustration in golf.

I usually just mumble to myself under my breath, like "idiot" (usually something a little worse).

If it's a bad swing then its usually "ohhh you ******* idiot what are you doing?" And then I remember I dont know what I'm doing. If it's a bad bounce I usually just laugh

This is a family friendly site ... so I'd like to take the 5th on that question. :ROFLMAO:

Usually just call myself a couple of insulting names and try to focus for the next shot. I’ve dropped a couple clubs on the poorest of swings this year but have never thrown one. I’ve also slammed a club or two but have gotten myself out of that this year. Not the clubs fault lol

I will also mutter to myself while addressing the ball at the next tee... "you think you've managed to pull your head out of your ass far enough to find us a good spot? Seriously. Unass yourself."

No, I'm too busy trying to find out what the Frack I did.

Generally don't do frustration. I think through what it was that I did that caused my mishit and quickly focus on the next shot. Once a shot is made it is history anyway and you cannot take it back so best to move on.

I used to take it out on my clubs, until I snapped my driver in half. Now I just sulk like an adult.

I like to call myself a lot of names and four-letter words. Don't do a ton of throwing clubs anymore, because the walk of shame to get them back isn't worth it.

Did "Bo Jackson" a driver this year, BUT to be fair, I needed a new one anyways.. and I did feel better afterwards.. :ROFLMAO:

Reply with "Son of a Sea Cook!" & then tell myself I know how to hit the ball.

I'm pretty level headed so for the most part all you'll get is a "dammit Kevin" or if I'm on the green I may call myself a girls name, especially on putts left short. Sandra and Susie are the go to names when that happens.

A nice little "F*&$" here and there will slip out but I don't really get frustrated. For me it's my escape and a hobby. The day I get frustrated is when I send my ass to the driving range to fix it and quit whining haha

I smile sarcastically because it’s my fault anyway

I Laugh!!!

Once in a while an Oh S**t may come out if ball is taking off in wrong direction but most of the time is "you idiot" then I think back and review set up and swing to identify what didn't I do. Not what I did wrong but what didn't I do right.
I have had misfortune of playing with club slammers and other forms of over reacting, it just takes fun out the game and adds tension.

working on cutting out the bad words as many find it inappropriate.

I may mutter an explicit gesture, and I move on.

Back