How do you grip the club? Overlap Interlock 10 Finger Other?

How do you grip the club?

• Overlap

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • Interlock

Votes: 57 47.1%
  • 10 Finger

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Other(please share in the comments)

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Overlap for me. I started interlocking but when I tried overlap it immediately felt more comfortable and natural. Haven’t looked back.

Overlap here

I was using interlock and went to overlap. it is more comfortable to me so I have stuck with it.

While watching the RBC Heritage, they showed Robert Streb with a 10 finger grip. It isn’t common on tour, but I bet it is more common with recreational golfers.

How do you grip it?
Listened to PGA Tour radio and in a interview with Streb he said he loved hockey growing up but was too small so in came golf and the reason he uses the ten finger grip.

I used interlock when I started playing. Completely lost any semblance of a swing and switched to overlap at some point. I don't remember at what point or why. Probably on a whim.

Overlap. Nothing else feels right

Take an interlocking grip, look down and open your hands. You have 6 fingers holding the grip.

Take an overlap, do the same and you'll see that you have 7 fingers holding the grip.

That settles it for me.

Overlap, But sometimes toy with reverse overlap when the right ring finger gets raw.

I have always been an interlock golfer. Everything else just feels too odd

Overlap.

I've been from 10-finger to interlock to overlap, back to 10-finger, currently at overlap again. This thread has me thinking about trying 10-finger again, lol. I may need a therapist.

Interlock. I am fairly certain that is what I was taught to do when I took my one group lesson as kid. I don't even think about it. What I do think about is getting my hands close together so they work as a team. I also hedge weaker or stronger grip at time depending on shot.

I started out with baseball grip, then played around with overlap and interlock, finally settled on interlock and have used it ever since.

10 finger. Overlap feels like I have no control over the club and interlock just feels awful with my tiny hands haha

Overlap but putt baseball grip

I started golf with the interlock grip but tried the overlap grip 25 years ago and stuck with that.

Overlap/Vardon grip for me. Been playing that way for over 50 yrs.

Started with 10 fingers because of playing baseball. Can’t do anything but interlock now

Interlock, including putter.

Was interlock until finger pain forced the switch to overlap. It was a seamless transition.

thats what happened to me. 25 years of interlock and had to quit that. Surprisingly easy transition to overlap

Interlock. I've messed with overlap and feel like I'm going to lose the club in my hands. Also tried 10 finger very early when I started golfing. Interlock is the only way for me at this point

A former baseball player and 30 years of fastpitch softball, the ten finger grip works best for me. I used to use interlock when I first started. But I developed a bad habit of cutting across the ball, especially with all the woods. Used to have this banana slice. Switching to ten finger seemed to help. My wrists just feel stronger when I use it.

I started with interlock and then I had some finger pain so switched to overlap. I just recently switched back to interlock with no more finger pain and I feel like I have way better control of the club face with the interlock now.

Back