how do you keep a couple of water bottles ice cold?

I've tried lots of different one. I carry four in/on my bag and push cart. 3 with water and one (the red SubZero) with ice tea. The others don't keep water cold more than a couple of hours, but I'm only on the course for 4 hours +/- and there are 3 refill ice cold water stations on the course. At other courses, I often rely on the goodies cart roaming around. I like the Hydro Flask posted and may give it a try.

10498198_10152356117418401_5137715790028917248_o.jpg

Thats a great size. I went 40 oz and it's too big to fit in the cart bottle holder. Too big to fit in the front area of the cart so I end up putting it in the back area or in one of the long pockets of my bag. I'll prob end up buying the 32 oz just for that reason.

that's concerning. 32 oz is the same size as the 40 oz. I measured the cup holder (yeah yeah OCD, I know) and the 32 oz ought to go in the carts the muni I play the most.

http://www.swellbottle.com

Works the best out of all other bottles I've tried. I've put ice in it and the ice was still frozen two days later with the bottle left in my car.

Gonna write "finis" to this thread. Bought a 32 oz Hydro Flask and it was just too large and heavy. HF are basically a steel thermos. Put 32 oz of water in there and you've got a heavy bottle. Wouldn't fit in my truck's drink holders or the golf bag's water bottle slot. Did fit in one cart's cup holder but the next week we were at a different course and it didn't fit.

Sent it back and got 21 oz. It's got the standard water bottle footprint and fits in everything. Wanted 24 oz (more!) but it's narrow necked and you can't get ice in there as easily. Bought 21 oz and then had to buy Kleen Kanteen's sport cap to go on it. Don't konw why HF doesn't offer a sip lid for their 21 oz bottle?! But the KK fits PERFECTLY.

Took the system out yesterday. Put ice in the HF in the morning, left it in the truck till we played at 5. Added water and played till 8:30 here in Texas. Hot day (in the 90s). Refilled bottle with water from the course coolers as we played.

NEVER RAN OUT OF ICE. Just crazy good. Drank really cold water the whole round. That's exactly what I wanted it for. Fits the cup holders, fit in the bag. Perfect solution.

After the round drove home, cleaned up the gear etc and POURED ICE CUBES OUT OF THE HF BOTTLE. Still cold!!!

Thanks everyone and I can't recommend Hydro Flask highly enough.

I prepared 3 bottles of aqua. 2 bottles freezed overnight. 1 bottle normal room temperature. On golf day, I put all of them inside my golf bag. I simply add more water to the freezed bottle everytime after I drink.

My vote is for a hydro flask I bought 2 half gallon ones for the golf course. Keeps ice water cold for a long time.

Like some guys here, I freeze a couple of water bottles. One I leave in my car for a nice ice cold refresher after my round, the other in my bag cooler pocket or cart cooler. During the hot days here they melt just enough to quence my thirst.

My SM C130 has a pocket so I just fill that with ice, and put some bottles in there. On occasion I'll freeze them before hand if it's crazy hot but mostly they are just fine out of the fridge to the ice.

Place them next to my ex-wife?

I have an insulated tumbler that will keep ice frozen for over 8 hours.

usually I will throw two bottles in the freezer overnight and by the 9th hole they are thawed but still frosty.

Yeti tumbler with ice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fill up my nalgene 1/2-3/4 the night before and leave in the freezer over night and then top off the next day and good to go.

I use my Bag Boy Chiller bag (http://bagboycompany.com/chiller-cart-bag.html) to keep everything cold. I love this bag, provides everything I need golf-wise and takes care of my hydration needs too. For the record, it will hold 4 glass bottles with ice or 5 cans with ice. The cooler is removable too, so if/when you take it out of the bag you get another large storage pocket.

Back