How Do You Play the 30 Yard Shot

I would play my 54*. It would be a 25 yard shot with a little release

Pitch & run using my 50* wedge, although I will use a 54* if the conditions are a bit damp and I’m not expecting much run.

Depending on the pin location, I'd grab my 52, set it back of my stance, pitch and run. Hoping for not too much undulations.

I would go with the exact shot most of the time as long as I have some green to work with. Otherwise I'm taking a choke down 56* with an easy swing.

Standard pitch shot. I’d use my 58* because I’m just more comfortable using that single club around the greens. I would play for some rollout as I don’t trust myself yet with the trap pitch shot that bounces once and stops.

56 wedge with lots of shaft lean. Get it rolling quick and play for some bite on the 2nd or 3rd hop.

That is a half LW all day. Hitting it high and watching it land soft. I'm easily getting within 10 feet.

... Playing so many different courses with different green speeds I have learned to hit a one hop and stop chip and take the variable of speed out of the equation. Off my back foot and taking a divot I hit an aggressive chip the depending on the green will hit and almost immediately stop or take a nice hop and stop or hop and trickle a little on hard and very fast greens.

My 56 with the ball a little back in my stance, hands a bit forward. Throw the ball about 25 yards and let it run out to the hole.

Depends on the lie and pin placement. I've played courses where 30 yards of shaved fairway could be navigated with a putter or a hybrid putt. I've used an 8 or 9 iron on occasion, but if the lie is decent, with a bit of a cushion, I'll go with a SW.

Bump and run with a PW.

Funny but not all that long ago I brought up this very simalr question because I can often be uncertain of what to use. I normally go with SW (54 I think) but it depends on how much green there is before the flag. This can go up to my 58LW if the pin is close sided or can go down to past my sw and to my gw or even pw as well according to how much green there is to work with and or how fast theay run that day.

I play a 60* wedge with a back swing to about hip high.

Most of the time I try to get just enough loft on the ball with my PW or 9 iron to get it to land on the very front of the green or just short of it, depending on pin location and allow it to roll out.

56 with the ball back in the stance a little and the handle shifted slightly forward and nice and easy swing

54 wedge and chip or get it up in the air with some backspin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That shot is a chippy 52* degree for me. No wrists, club barely gets above waist high.

The shot I envision is a 54 degree SW slightly open, with an open stance. Short swing, flying onto the green and rolling out, into the cup.

the shot I hit, "D. Any of the above."

If I am playing well, rule of 12 it, take proper club, land it a yard onto green and roll to the hole.

Playing poorly, probably a 9i bump and run that misses its landing spot and is either 5 yards short of the green or bombing off the back end. Done that 3 times already? putter.

I’m terrible with this shot. I try and put it back in my stance and do a little pitch shot and end up chunking it a lot.

I'd like to see the handicaps of those who choose certain shot over the other. While not everyone can bomb it, we all have the ability to have a great short game if we choose to practice enough

I usually stab my 54 degree wedge and pitch it up there.

Back