How Do Your Rounds Deteroriate

Suddenly. It's like I forget how to swing for 4-8 holes. Can't hit a decent iron shot, coming up short on pitches, topping, etc. I'll usually clean it up by the end to some degree. But it hits me out of nowhere.

The only thing I consider a bad round is when I don't have fun.

That usually happens suddenly and is hard to shake.

For me, score has nothing to whether a round is bad or good.

I'm no PGA pro, but I'm certain my game deterioration mid round is normally alcohol related. I never used to drink while playing, but my current playing group like a drink or 3 during our rounds, so I usually do too. It does bring some levity to our brief weekend retreat from reality, so I do enjoy hanging out with the guys and talking trash. I don't take golf more seriously than I do having fun. I would rather play really well and have fun, but if I can only have one of the two it will always be the latter. That said, this year I plan on managing my intake a bit better.

The general trend is due to a lack of fitness ... 16-18 can be difficult. But there is a solution. Get in physical and mental shape.

sometimes one, sometimes the other. I can have a great round for 15-17 holes and blow up (somewhere on course) or I can accumulate penalty shots from lost (mostly water) balls that make the round frustrating as it may feel like a decent round them total it up and it's a bigger number than expected.

Back