How does you significant other feel about golf...and the time you spend on it?

In all honesty she's great with it. I mean she's not into golf , at all! But she always asks how my game or time at the range went and humours me when I go on and on about my round or clubs I want !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is pretty good about it as I tried last yr to play mostly while she was at work or school so I'd be home when she was.

I try not to play a whole bunch on the weekends since I work every other weekend.

She is starting to understand it more and more and after the love in the air event hopefully she will even more. She understands I enjoy playing and practicing as much as I can and maybe she will join me at the course even just to walk it with me this yr.

My wife is great about when I wanna play golf. She will play occasionally and has played in a couple scrambles with me. Most of the time she will just ride and listen to the radio and play a hole every once in awhile. Just being out there with me she says works for her. YES I'm one lucky golfer for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winters were great! :) But she sure resented my golf for some reason. I even tried to get her to play. She wanted none of it.

She must have been a great lover though?

Many years ago I dated a gal over a summer and she knew I lived for golf. Every day I would be at the course at least an hour or two after work, and Sundays I played with my two uncles and a good friend as I had done for 10 years prior. She knew this. Then came winter, the clubs got put away for the season, and this gal convinced me (it didn't take much effort) to move in with her, and we started discussing marriage. That winter was great for sure and I didn't think about golf much. Then Spring arrived and I ran into my one of my uncles on a Saturday and he asked if I wanted to start our annual tradition the next morning since it was going to be sunny and 70. I said heck yeah, I couldn't wait. I mentioned it to my GF when I got home and she just said o.k. But it wasn't really a "good" o.k. But I was totally stoked to start playing again so I just let it go. Life was good. I had a great girlfriend and the golf season was starting. Pure heaven. So the next morning arrives and I'm up early and getting dressed, when out of the blue the GF rolls over and asks in an icy monotone voice "Is this how it's going to be?" Instantly my heart sank. My happy joy joy world came to a screeching halt as the meaning behind her words sunk in. At that moment I knew the relationship was doomed. And it was.

It took 5 more years before we split up, 5 years of me being "punished" with silence every Sunday when I got home from golf. I seriously think it was one reason my game went to hell. I put so much pressure on myself to play well (to justify me playing at all), and to play quickly (so I could get home as soon as possible) that my whole game just fell apart.

If any of you guys are in a similar situation, you have my sympathy. It really sucked.

That is tough, and I am sure more than a few people here have that experience. I hope my wife really gets into it, because that will make it a lot easier. I really hope she genuinely likes it too.

I hope so too man. That would be the best of both worlds. Good luck.

That is tough, and I am sure more than a few people here have that experience. I hope my wife really gets into it, because that will make it a lot easier. I really hope she genuinely likes it too.

My wife is jealous of anything that doesn't include taking her shopping. There I said it plain and simple. She has never understood any of my hobbies as she says it takes time away from her. She has had fusion on her back and won't even attempt trying to play golf and would rather try to make me feel guilty about being away from her.

Some of these stories make me realize how good I have it.

My wife is fine with my golf, to a point. She realizes it's enjoyable and something to take my mind off the job and everything else. At the same time, there's only so much I can get away with, and I also want to spend time with the family, so it's a balancing act and I usually am able to play as much as I want without her getting concerned by playing during the week.

Back